HOW TO DO A RESET ON AN AP ?

Hello Forum,
I have a problem with one of my AP’s on the cluster, it is a NO SYNC ERROR. i had tried to do a reset on it but the reset did not hold.
Please how can i bring it back to sync.
Thanks in advance
blink

You mean you rebooted it?

I had this problem and reboot did not fix it. I had to power cycle it, I used the power toggle function in the CMMmicro

Hello Jerry,
The problem i am having is just on one AP, it is not receiving sync but if i switch the ports to generating sync port , it receives and if i change it to power port it show ERROR NO SYNC.
Your advice is solicited
Blink

Run RJ11 cable with 6 pins form the CMM to the timing port of the AP, set the AP to receive sync on timing port.

Hello Forum,
How to do a RESET on an AP using a CMMMicro, please give me step by step procedure please.
Blink :frowning:

On the CMMmicro configuration page, there a power reset button that corresponds to each port. Reset that first and see if the AP starts receiving sync again.

If that does not work, then you will have to go to the tower.

First try re-terminating the RJ45’s at both ends of the cable. If there is a lighting arrestor inline, replace it.

If the above does not work, connect your laptop directly to the AP, and select the “Set to Factory Defaults” and reboot. You will then need to change your laptop IP to 169.254.1.2 so that you can access the defaulted AP. Reconfigure all settings, save, and reboot. You will need to change your laptop back to the IP network the AP is on.

If the above does not work, then you could try adding the sync cable from the RJ11 port on the CMMmicro to the AP and set the AP to receive timing on the Timing Port.

If that does not work, you have a bad AP.