How to Keep Customer Out of SM

Gents,

How can I keep a customer out of his SM?

I have changed the local ip in it, I have put passwords on it. I don’t know how he’s getting in it but when I my techs get there for trouble calls, he already has the display pulled up.

are you using NAT?

nucoles wrote:
are you using NAT?

No. Canopy NAT has caused to many call outs.
rosborne wrote:
Gents,

I have changed the local ip in it, I have put passwords on it. I don't know how he's getting in it but when I my techs get there for trouble calls, he already has the display pulled up.

When you set the passwords, did you remember to set it for both root and admin? If you did, there are two additional options, both on the Configuration - Security page:

SM Management Interface Access via Ethernet Port - Enable or Disable

or

IP Access Filtering
IP Access Control :
IP Access Filtering Enabled - Only allow access from IP addresses specified below
IP Access Filtering Disabled - Allow access from all IP addresses

One of these should do the trick.
glennfinch wrote:
[quote="rosborne":2f9tnzjj]Gents,

I have changed the local ip in it, I have put passwords on it. I don't know how he's getting in it but when I my techs get there for trouble calls, he already has the display pulled up.

When you set the passwords, did you remember to set it for both root and admin? If you did, there are two additional options, both on the Configuration - Security page:

SM Management Interface Access via Ethernet Port - Enable or Disable

or

IP Access Filtering
IP Access Control :
IP Access Filtering Enabled - Only allow access from IP addresses specified below
IP Access Filtering Disabled - Allow access from all IP addresses

One of these should do the trick.[/quote:2f9tnzjj]

Good Grief......I've been using this stuff for 4 years, have been through all kinds of training, been through the ups and downs of figuring things out as i go and still never noticed those settings there. Thanks for the help. That should do the trick! I set up to only allow access from two IPs and put it in the customers notes what they are for the techs!