How to monitor live throughput?

@Au Wireless wrote:

This link is a view to our live data on one of our backhauls.

Hi. I'm still struggling with how to be able to monitor live real-time throughput. I'd like to view what you're doing, but this link doesn't work for me.  :)

Yeah, had to change the port from 8080 to 8081 to solve a problem for a NATd customer. Waiting on a new block of public IP’s. Try the same link but port 8081.

OK - thank you.  I get an error on port 8081 - I think maybe PRTG wants me to log in, maybe?  :)

>Map Refresh Failed
>Sorry, the selected object cannot be used here.

But, at least I am getting to your PRTG now. :)

Ugh.

OK, the graphs are on our website:

http://www.auwireless.net/network-status/

Little less detailed but gives you an idea.  If you ping me as a private message and are interested, I can see if I can create a read only account for you to look at the data we collect to see if it works for you.

Hi all.

OK, we've been working on getting a Browser Extension written to display the 'REAL TIME' throughput of the SM's connected to an AP. Graphing is fine for historical data, but for certain things, looking at the AP and seeing what is going through to the client at this instant is key to helping diagnose some issues.

In any even, the Browser Extension is nearing completion - and I hope it is all finished by next week.  This is basically what the MONITOR -> PERFORMANCE list looks like with the Browser Extension running.  The next verision is also being enhanced to be able to show the PPS and to do the calculations for % for packet drops and retransmitted packets too.

1 Like