Huge differences in AP and SM Jitter values?

We have a 900APC with 9dbi (MaxRad) Panel. SM is a 15dbi Yagi. Distance is 4.1 miles. 40% forest - mostly tree canopy ->definately no LOS.

AP is set for max distance 8 miles. Hardware scheduling, 2X mode enabled.

SM shows RSSI 1350-1425, jitter between 2 & 3. Registers with AP no problem. 100% down, no excessive frags.

BUT the AP shows this client’s Jitter Last/Avg as 9, 12. Is this a problem ? There haven’t been any re-reg’s but it’s only been running ~ 6 hours. Should I consider this SM to far out to work ? I mean 1400 RSSI looks OK to me but I’m new to Canopy…

Thanks
B.

The rssi and jitter shown on the SM’s page is what is sees from the AP. Whereas the rssi and jitter on the AP’s page is what it sees from the SM. These numbers can vary quite a lot.

SM shows RSSI 1350-1425, jitter between 2 & 3. Registers with AP no problem. 100% down, no excessive frags.

So it looks like the SM is recieving a good signal from the AP.
BUT the AP shows this client’s Jitter Last/Avg as 9, 12. Is this a problem ?

I am assumming that is the jitter which is shown on the Sessions page of the AP? If so that is quite high for 900. You may need to realign the SM.

We have a 900APC with 9dbi (MaxRad) Panel. SM is a 15dbi Yagi. Distance is 4.1 miles. 40% forest - mostly tree canopy ->definately no LOS.

AP is set for max distance 8 miles. Hardware scheduling, 2X mode enabled.

For reference, 2X mode consideres the SM to be twice the distance from the AP than it actually is. So with using 2X mode and having the SM actually be 4.1 miles away, the AP sees the SM as it is 8.2 miles away which is beyond the max distance. You may want to turn off 2X mode and see if that improves the signal.

It is impressive however to hear of a 4.1 mile link that is working with HWS and 2X mode turned on. I would be interested if you were to post some actualy data transfer test results from this link.

Matt