ICC not working? 14.1.1 with 13.3 CPE

Trying to get ICC provisioning working for the first time, and its not working, AP has ICC enabled, SM has ICC enabled, AP has "disable authentication for icc connection" enabled...

But the CPE seems to stick at registering on the various AP's

The resulting error on the AP side is seen... but like i said its connecting with CC 0 and ICC enabled on both sides, with the authbypass checked under security on AP... am i missing some step to make this work?

12/02/2015 : 12:26:44 AST : Event: REGREQ, NewState: REGISTERING, Flag 0
12/02/2015 : 12:27:44 AST : Event: OOS, MsgType: APAUTHENINLERR, NewState: IDLE, Flag 0
12/02/2015 : 12:29:06 AST : Event: REGREQ, NewState: REGISTERING, Flag 0
12/02/2015 : 12:30:06 AST : Event: OOS, MsgType: APAUTHENINLERR, NewState: IDLE, Flag 0
12/02/2015 : 12:33:42 AST : Event: REGREQ, NewState: REGISTERING, Flag 0
12/02/2015 : 12:34:42 AST : Event: OOS, MsgType: APAUTHENINLERR, NewState: IDLE, Flag 0

Hi Chris - you don't have any other color codes configured on the SM, do you?  Can you paste a screen shot of the SM's radio configuration page showing the color code configuration?

The reason I ask is becuase if there is ANY non-default color code configuration (something set to non zero, another CC set to secondary/tertiary, etc), that will override ICC and it will try to register via color codes.  And since your AP color code is zero, it would then try to do authentication.

Otherwise, as long as the SM's color code config is untouched/unchanged from default (where everything is 0, and everything is disabled), then it should use the ICC and follow the AP's config regarding authentication.

We'll look internally as well to see if we have a bug, but if you can paste that screenshot, that would help.

1 Like

@Aaron Schneider wrote:

Hi Chris - you don't have any other color codes configured on the SM, do you?  Can you paste a screen shot of the SM's radio configuration page showing the color code configuration?

The reason I ask is becuase if there is ANY non-default color code configuration (something set to non zero, another CC set to secondary/tertiary, etc), that will override ICC and it will try to register via color codes.  And since your AP color code is zero, it would then try to do authentication.

Otherwise, as long as the SM's color code config is untouched/unchanged from default (where everything is 0, and everything is disabled), then it should use the ICC and follow the AP's config regarding authentication.

We'll look internally as well to see if we have a bug, but if you can paste that screenshot, that would help.

Chris,

We have verified internally that this is not a bug.  

ICC is working properly when the SM only has the Color Code of 0 set.  

Can you please attach your SMs Config (cfg) file?  This can be found under the "Unit Settings" tab of the SM.

Best,

Cambium Jonathan 

The Color code on AP's surrounding this SM are 10-14

The color code on the SM is 0 with ICC enabled, no extra color codes, i got fed up with waiting and disabled 5 and 10mhz channels as the scanning was taking forever... but before and after that it never connected to ICC.

@Chris Chance wrote:

The Color code on AP's surrounding this SM are 10-14

The color code on the SM is 0 with ICC enabled, no extra color codes, i got fed up with waiting and disabled 5 and 10mhz channels as the scanning was taking forever... but before and after that it never connected to ICC.

Chris,

Is ICC also enabled on your AP(s)?

Best,

Cambium Jonathan

Yes, would send screenshots but not near a network that can get access to that sm... ap is below

@Chris Chance wrote:

Yes, would send screenshots but not near a network that can get access to that sm... ap is below

Chris,

Ok, the problem here is that the "Disable Authentication for SM connected via ICC" feature was introduced in 13.4, not 13.3.  

There is code in 13.4 that allows the SM to "bypass" the authentication process when this feature is enabled.

Once you upgrade your SM to 13.4, this feature will work properly with ICC.

Another option would be to insert the MACs of your new SMS into your AAA server until your SMS are on a SW version newer than, or equal to 13.4.

Best,

Cambium Jonathan