I'm So Frustrated

Turn 2X off. You can either do it on the AP or on the SM itself. that should fix it.

Edit:
After reading your post again Im a little confused as to what the problem is. Is it because your seeing sub 100% efficiency or are they dropping off or both. The efficency in the link test will give you inaccurate results in 2x mode.

Jerry Richardson wrote:
Bump the max range up to 15 miles. that will make a substantial difference.

Changing the max range setting will only adjust the delay the AP builds into the frame time to accomidate SM's that our further from the AP. Increasing max range will actually give you less bandwidth. I'm still unclear as to what the issue is.

If possible turn the AP into an SM to determine the noise floor. After that you cen get an idea as to what your dBm value should be to make the link work.
Canopy_Support wrote:
If possible turn the AP into an SM to determine the noise floor. After that you cen get an idea as to what your dBm value should be to make the link work.

Can you elaborate on this? Are you saying that you should temporarily configure the AP as a SM, then run the spectrum analysis available under the SM configuration pages?

If so, once you do that how do you determine "what your dBm value should be"? I've only used that so far in terms of trying to pick the frequency with the least interference.

Thanks!