Incorrect Radio Frequency Carrier - Transmit Disabled!

Why do I get this message on the 450i 900 ap when I try to change to 20mhz channel? I change to 20m hz then my channel options start at 912 to 918 firmware 14.1.1 and it says Incorrect Radio Frequency Carrier - Transmit Disabled!

How to try to run in the full 20mhz channel?

What are your region settings ?

Channel options start at 912 to 918 because:

900 MHz frequency range is 902 to 928.  At 20 MHz channel bandwidth,  center frequency should have 10 Mhz on either side. So, first possible center frequency is 912 (902+10) and last is 918 Mhz (928-10).

Region settings are North America / United States

Have you tried rebooting the  AP after selecting the frequency ?  If no, please reboot and let us know if the "Incorrect Radio Frequency....." message goes away.

The same happen to me but with 5.4 ghz, I was told to upgrade to 14.1.2 but seems to be a  problem with the FCC release or approval spectrum analyzer 

@Kdrama wrote:

The same happen to me but with 5.4 ghz, I was told to upgrade to 14.1.2 but seems to be a  problem with the FCC release or approval spectrum analyzer 

Hi, 

These are two different bands. You are referring to 5.4 GHz which was opened up in 14.1.2 for FCC regions and not available in prior releases on the 450i. 

The original question was on the 900 MHz 450i and is a different issue. @pgator17, What center frequency did you set after switching the channel to 20 MHz? I ask because the lowest center frequency you can set on a 20 MHz channel is 912 MHz. If you had set something lower than 912 MHz with a 10 MHz, 7 MHz or 5 MHz channel, you will have to change it for a 20 MHz channel. 

Thanks,

Sriram

I think it is just a software glitch in the web interface because when you change to 20 mhz it doesnt change to the correct freq. ranges until you hit save and then it show the error and the correct ranges. I went to 915 rebooted and clients did start to connect but they took a long time to do so.