Instalation Manual

Can anyone give me some tips on an instalation manual for customers. I’m trying to make one that will include a materials list, tools, and some instructions as how to launch it.

Thanks,
Susie

Can you clarify what type of installation manual? Do you mean a SM installation manual consisting of the customer mounting and aligning the SM? Or are you referring to an installation manual for setting up their PC’s behind an SM, email accounts, ect?

Canopy_Support wrote:
Can you clarify what type of installation manual? Do you mean a SM installation manual consisting of the customer mounting and aligning the SM? Or are you referring to an installation manual for setting up their PC's behind an SM, email accounts, ect?

Both. I would like it to be 2 parts.

Thanks,
Susie

WOW! Allowing the customer to perfom the Sm installation sounds like a technical support nightmare. Are you planning on leasing the SM’s or making the customer purchase it outright?

Regarding setting up the computer behind the SM that is pretty straight forward. Plug in the ethernet cord and tell the computer to act as a DHCP client. (This assumes you have NAT turned on in the canopy unit).

Matt

mattmann72 wrote:
WOW! Allowing the customer to perfom the Sm installation sounds like a technical support nightmare. Are you planning on leasing the SM's or making the customer purchase it outright?

Regarding setting up the computer behind the SM that is pretty straight forward. Plug in the ethernet cord and tell the computer to act as a DHCP client. (This assumes you have NAT turned on in the canopy unit).

Matt

Thanks Matt!

Is there anyway you could be more specific about what has to be done to the computer internaly?
Susie wrote:
[quote="Canopy_Support":2fgf7xjs]Can you clarify what type of installation manual? Do you mean a SM installation manual consisting of the customer mounting and aligning the SM? Or are you referring to an installation manual for setting up their PC's behind an SM, email accounts, ect?

Both. I would like it to be 2 parts.

Thanks,
Susie[/quote:2fgf7xjs]

Did you have any info?

i think it would be a bad idea to let the customer do any part of the installation, that would just lead to multiple tech calls, and an eventual truck roll to the location. The only exception i can imagine is if the customer is in a NLOS area and will not need a pole mount of any kind, and the cable run will be short enough, that you can just hand them the SM and some cable and tell them what to do. OF course the SM would have to be fully setup with NAT and have a public address that would allow you to monitor it remotely.