IPv6 support coming soon

Hi All,

As part of the impending 3.3 firmware release, ePMP will now support IPv6 for management. This lets network operators build ePMP into their networks with future-proofing for when they switch over to IPv6.

Have any of you deployed IPv6 in your networks today, and if so how did it go? If not, are you planning to in the near future?

Thanks,

Alex

@Alex Marcham wrote:

Hi All,

As part of the impending 3.3 firmware release, ePMP will now support IPv6 for management. This lets network operators build ePMP into their networks with future-proofing for when they switch over to IPv6.

Have any of you deployed IPv6 in your networks today, and if so how did it go? If not, are you planning to in the near future?

Thanks,

Alex

we are ready for IPv6 for customer access use.   

DHCPv6 setup and ready to go, just need more support in the CPEs  for those customers whos devices want to bridge.  (we deploy CPEs in NAT mode by default) 

actual customer carry isn't that high yet natrually, but we have no plans to put IPV6 in the radios themselves for management use.   I'm a big fan on non-routable subnets to prevent the radios GUI or SSH from being accessed off network.  

I've been using IPv6 at home and here on our network for several years now, but had to tunnel via Hurricane Electric until TimeWarner (my home service and the transit for our ISP traffic) finally supported it natively.  (We've had a /32 block from ARIN for several years, finally able to start deploying it as of about 3 months ago)

All of our servers and routers talk IPv6, we're not yet handing it out to customers and have no plans to use IPv6 for infrastructure management.  (all our management IPs are 10.a.b.x IPs, with each tower being a different octet for 'a' and each tech [epmp, pmp320, etc] being a different octet for 'b')

One thing I noticed with the IPv6 support in v3.3RC14 is that it allows you to set up the IP and gateway, but doesn't support IPv6 for DNS, cnMaestro, QoS rules, etc - I'm guessing [untested since we don't use it] that Radius is in that list as well.

j

What is the point of giving a CPE an IPv6 address if that same CPE cannot forward an IPv6 prefix to a router below it?  Is this going to be implemented soon?  We are in the process of deploying IPv6 now and both the old Canopy and ePMP has put a big road block in front of us.  

Our Ubiquitis are working just fine with IPv6, FYI.

1 Like

@jmay wrote:

What is the point of giving a CPE an IPv6 address if that same CPE cannot forward an IPv6 prefix to a router below it?  Is this going to be implemented soon?  We are in the process of deploying IPv6 now and both the old Canopy and ePMP has put a big road block in front of us.  

Our Ubiquitis are working just fine with IPv6, FYI.

Hi,

Could you please provide a bit more data on your scenario?

I believe implementation of IPv6 on ePMP is same as other vendors have.

I would be grateful if you could contact me at fedor.trutsko(at) cambiumnetworks(dot)com on this.

Thank you.

1 Like

All of my Clients have IPv6 turned on.  I have DHCPv6 setup and working on my egde router (Mikrotik) and all my Mikrotik clients that have IPv6 set up on them get a routable address.  None of my ePMP SM's get a routable address...

Jason

1 Like

Hi,

Issue with IPv6 gateway has been confirmed.

It is scheduled to be fixed in 3.5.1 Release.

Thank you.

1 Like