Is it possible to push configuration without having WLAN disappear for a moment

Hi,

we have 5 AP's ( E410) with CNMaestro as a on premesis working as a controller. Within our infrastructure, we have frequent use of adding MAC address to authenticate with our Network. The process works perfectly fine with TPLINK AP's but in Cambium, as soon as i enter a mac address and save the configuration in CNMaestro, it gives me a notification saying"This action will immediately push configuration to 5 AP(s) which have automatic synchronization enabled. This could take a few minutes and may lead to client disconnections" .

As soon as the configuration is pushed to WLAN, all the client that were previously connected complains about disconnectivity. 

Is there any solution to overcome this issue? i mean adding a simple mac address will disconnect all the 70 clients is not a good option.

Hoping a positive /quick response.

Regards,

Azeem

Azeem,

To avoid intermittent client disconnection due to configuration update, it is advisible to use "Association ACL" feature for MAC-Authentication. THis feature works only when cnPilot devices are on-boarded to cnMaestro. For more details, please navigate through Userguide available at below URL:

https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/cnmaestro/

For any queries, you can email me at shashank.tadakamadla@cambiumnetworks.com

2 Likes

Hi Shahshank,

I was able to configure the Association ACL from the User Guide. Thank you for the support. Meantime, i sent you an email regarding some question and i'll be grateful if you could please answer them.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Azeem

100 Kudos to you Shashank for the support via email and on call. You are a champ!!!

Regards,

Azeem

I am using Association ACL in cnMaestro too, to allow only certain MAC Address

I want to know your steps before using Association ACL.

I mean the one that you said, you add MAC ACL in cnMaestro and causing AP in AP Group disconnected.

I want to proof myself

tq

no you interpret it wrong @nbctcp. i meant was that i was adding users in Access control --> MAC Authentication under WLAN configuration and as soon as i hit save, it push the configurations to all the access points making the WLAN disappear for a min or so. 

As soon as i used Accociation ACL, the problem was gone because all the access points are contacting the controller for MAC authentication instead of doing it themselves. 

Regards,

Azeem