Is the Low Gain CBRS PMP450b SM Available?

Is the low gain CBRS SM available yet? A previous presentation suggested it would be early this year as a PMP450b 14dBi unit:

Thank you, Chris

There are no plans currently (that I know of) for a mid-gain 450b 3GHz radio. There might be plans for a ‘RETRO’ 450b 3GHz that will use the same form factor as the original SM’s with low gain integrated antenna which can be used with a reflector dish or CLIP.

Thank you for clarifying.

Please correct me if I am wrong here:
This means the standard subscriber module to use for greenfield deployments would be the 450b dish, right?

[I suppose a PMP450 integrated unit could be used, but it is the same cost or more expensive. It seems PMP450i subscribers would only be for unique environmental or extreme range circumstances.]

Yes, the 450b high gain aka HG is the go to SM in terms of price/performance.

IIRC the vanilla 450 3GHz SM is going to be discontinued at some point here soon… probably when stocks are depleted.

As you’ve said, the 450i is really meant for “unique environmental or extreme range circumstances”… and as such, it’s price tag reflects that.

Thank you.

I would really like to see more reasonably-priced panels (Like the ePMP 300-19 vs the 19R, for example) from Cambium. They are so much more attractive on a house, and very nice for saltwater environments.

The original 3.65 GHz 450 SM is now discontinued and no longer available from Cambium, though there may still be some in inventory at our channel partners (i.e. the distribution network). The 3.5 GHz 450 SM (which covers 3.3-3.6 GHz, not usable in North America) is still available.

Currently, the 450b High Gain radio is the standard SM for use with the 3 GHz base stations that are available. It provides the highest gain possible, and allows for higher Tx Power in order to make best use of the power and spectrum available (especially CBRS). I totally understand the request for something smaller and more aesthetically pleasing, and we are looking into how we might be able to accomplish this.

Thank you for the complete details.

To be clear, I don’t mean smaller necessarily… I mean less round. Houses and building have very few circles or curves, so circular things stand out in an obvious way. Square panels are less obvious, even if they are big.

Good point… currently, there is the option of the 450i flat panel, which is more expensive. This is not likely practical for residential broadband services. Thanks for the feedback as always… it’s valuable in future decision making.