Known problem ? snmpget cambiumJSONCfgExportStatus broken on F300 client radios

So we have a pretty sweet script that runs once a week that reaches out to every ePMP radio on our network, pulls the config json , both creates one large archive with all json files in it and saves each file individually as management.ip.address.json and creates an html file with a link to each one

Only we just realized it hasn’t been working on F300 clients. I have not had time to look into how far back it stopped working but I do know it still works just fine on all N radios, 3000 and 3000L. It does not work on 300CSM or any F300 series client radio that I have checked so far (everything we have is running 4.6.1 and 4.6.2). I have not had time to roll back firmware and see if there is a point where it starts working again. Since the script keeps the last config it got (you can see all the configs are dated) the fact that I have so many radios that the last json we got was Aug 2021 and I did software upgrades on the radios the last week of July 2021 I’m thinking 4.6.1 broke it.

EDIT: Script doesn’t work on 400CSM v5.1.3 either.

---- pulling json config from radios broken on F300 —

So it is a four step process to retrieve a configuration.

1. write a 1 to cambiumJSONCfgExport
  2. snmpget cambiumJSONCfgExportStatus which returns an integer from -1 to 4. So we are looking for a 4, “Success”.
  3. when we get 4, “Success”, snmpget cambiumJSONCfgExportLink returns a link to the configuration file on the radio.
  4. go get the file.

In step 2 I loop five times checking the status. If I don’t get “Success” I go to the next radio.
The Force 300 never return “Success” but return 1 “Exporting JSON Config”.
I’ve been checking a radio and after a halve hour it still reports 1 “Exporting JSON config”. So it never will report “Success”.

Description cambiumJSONCfgExportStatus:
“OID to get the status of the export process:
-1 Error
0 Idle
1 Exporting JSON config
2 Moving config into upload directory
3 Preparing link for uploading
4 Success
Device Allocation: AP, SM”

2 Likes

I don’t have any suggestions - but I’m really watching to see what your solution is. It would REALLY BE NICE if there was a good simple automated solution to daily backups and restore… (which cnMaestro should do)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.