Lingo VOIP Service?

I have a customer who wants to use the Lingo VOIP System (http://www.lingo.com), and he is experiencing problems calling out. Everything tells me it’s Lingo’s side… and even they have said that themselves but the odd problem is, my customer is the only one having problems. No one else on my network has Lingo, so I’m not sure what the problem is but I do have several on Vonage working great.

Here’s the problem… Through Lingo he can make and recieve calls from/to others on the Lingo system. But when he attempts to make or recieve a call from/to a landline the other user can here HIM talking, but he cannot hear them.

Any ideas?

Sure sounds to me like its on the Lingo side. If you said you have 5 other Lingo customers on your network who all work fine but this one guy doesn’t, then maybe it is related to your network. What I have seen with VOIP is that it either works, works poorly all the time, or just doesnt work altogether.

I do not know the possibilty of this, but you could try placing a Lingo box in a test environment back at our main office and see what piece of equipment you have to put inbetween the Lingo and the internet before it experiences the problem.

What type of radios are you using? SW version, HW or SW scheduling, high priority enabled/disabled?

I am running 900mhz, Hardware Sch, 7.0.7 Firmware… and no High Priority

mclerc wrote:
I have a customer who wants to use the Lingo VOIP System (http://www.lingo.com), and he is experiencing problems calling out. Everything tells me it's Lingo's side... and even they have said that themselves but the odd problem is, my customer is the only one having problems. No one else on my network has Lingo, so I'm not sure what the problem is but I do have several on Vonage working great.

Here's the problem... Through Lingo he can make and recieve calls from/to others on the Lingo system. But when he attempts to make or recieve a call from/to a landline the other user can here HIM talking, but he cannot hear them.

Any ideas?

We took a different approach. We offer clients free technical support only on services and applications that we provide. They are free to use whatever services and applications they so choose, but they will need to either work it out with the service/application provider or pay us to work on it. This approach increases our revenue and keeps the support freeloaders like Vonage, Lingo, Microsoft, and others from using our resources.

If they use our VoIP, support is provided. Anyone elses, they must figure it out or pay for help. Basic configuration information is always available, such as, what is my pop/smtp server, etc, but there are too many apps (and their versions) and services for us to support it all.

Steve