Link Distance 5.7 BH

What kind of distances can I expect to link up using 5.7GHz Backhauls using standard Motorola reflector kits?

We have a pair of 5.7 with the standard reflector on both ends @ 17.5 mi, and we’re only seeing about 600RSSI, 7-8 jitter. Noise on the Slave end is at -90 or so. Master end has some on the higher portion of the 5.7 band, but we were running at 5.735GHz.

I have seen a couple of spikes in aiming mode to 1400RSSI. We have to try and align the dishes better I think, but I have read elsewhere (part15.org motorola list) that this distance is something that the standard canopy hardware just has a hard time with.

We tried dropping down to 10M/sw and the stats stayed the same. slave end is at its highest RSSI where we have it, master end picks up nothing if it is shifted horizontally or vertically.

Look at the recieve level in db dont pay attention to the rssi value. Im looking at 2 shots now.

1st
slave rssi 995
jitter 1
rx level -71dbm
23.17 miles

master rssi 986
jitter 4
rx level -74dbm
23.17 miles

2nd
slave rssi 935
jitter 4
rx level -68dbm
15.93 miles

master rssi 1092
jitter 1
rx level -64
15.93 miles

What is your LOS like? I have a shot going 26miles @5.735. RSSI is around 1100 and jitter 2-3. If you have a clear zone you may want to try and fine tune your alignment. Do you have the headset?

Hello, surely your you have a problem of interference or bad alignment. It reviews well these points. I have a connection of 65 kms with better results any doubt contact me in my msn. to your you order