link negociation speed.

we are a team of technicians (isp).
we’ve always some discussion on the link negociation speed(10 BT half duplex,10BT full duplex,100BThalh duplex,and 100BT full duplex) configuration.
Me particulary i would like to know how it work , i mean how to do this configuration ?
if all are activated, can it have a problem on the link ,like at the customer end,no data flowing correctly,collision problem ,in fact what can happen if all are activated in the AP and the SM?
PLEASE I NEED HELP TO KNOW CLEARLY AND STOP THIS DISCUSSION BETWEEN US IN THE OFFICE.
THANKX DINARD.

romaric wrote:
we are a team of technicians (isp).
we've always some discussion on the link negociation speed(10 BT half duplex,10BT full duplex,100BThalh duplex,and 100BT full duplex) configuration.
Me particulary i would like to know how it work , i mean how to do this configuration ?
if all are activated, can it have a problem on the link ,like at the customer end,no data flowing correctly,collision problem ,in fact what can happen if all are activated in the AP and the SM?
PLEASE I NEED HELP TO KNOW CLEARLY AND STOP THIS DISCUSSION BETWEEN US IN THE OFFICE.
THANKX DINARD.

I maybe wrong, but it's my understanding that when you have all the options checked then the unit will "auto-negotiate" the link speed which makes the unit more compatible with different parts of the network.

Because our network has all of the above, I leave all the options checked so it's one less thing I need to configure when I swap out modules. No problems here with running it that way.

Dan