Link Planner

I am using Motorola Link Planner 1.6.
Device selection is only 300/400/500/600 series product lines.

I have many PTP 100 series BH clients, where i need to plan the link over long distances. I am using 27RD reflectors, FCC regulations, both IP and TDM.

is there any chance to plan the link for PTP100 series BH’s using this link planner tool?
or, is there any other tool for that purpose?

Link planner does not take into account ptp100 product.

You can though use the planner to get the profile generated to determine fresnel clearances as that is purely RF theory, not dependant on the radio itself.

If you want to do performance calculations you will need to do those by hand or use any number of free websites to determine fade margins and reliability (nines).

An alternative would be Radio Mobile, as it can run profiles for almost any frequency (we like to joke DC to Daylight).

amd phreak wrote:
Link planner does not take into account ptp100 product.

You can though use the planner to get the profile generated to determine fresnel clearances as that is purely RF theory, not dependant on the radio itself.

If you want to do performance calculations you will need to do those by hand or use any number of free websites to determine fade margins and reliability (nines).

An alternative would be Radio Mobile, as it can run profiles for almost any frequency (we like to joke DC to Daylight).

can you please elaborate more please?

radio mobile? and free websites?

The Problem is that the PTP 100 always need LOS!

Use the PTP Link Planner and if you have a LOS under 15 KM you have full performance!

Platzhirsch wrote:
The Problem is that the PTP 100 always need LOS!

Use the PTP Link Planner and if you have a LOS under 15 KM you have full performance!

NLOS devices work short distances. i have long distance clients. LOS is clear. Most of the link is 25km to 45 km. Recent days, i have faced some problems with new 100 series BH's with new soft version 9.3 DES, they can get registered in long distance.

also i need to plan link, using 100 series BH's. is there any other software or tool for that, like link planner 1.6 ?

you said backhauls how many do you have co located? you maybe have problems due to freq. overlap if your out of spectrum and/or timing issue. if you need good thruput at that distance, your going to need a bigger unit . 35 miles is loss of service for those. in weather it will be considerable less. I would recommend you reconsider your PTP hardware. or try and build a site close to those multiple customers to use PMTP if bandwidth needs can be handled. you’ll save your self a lot of headach and possibly cash in the long run.

like amd phreak said, use the link planner pick what ever radio. it will show you fresnel zone, if its clear then those ptp 100 units will link as long as your not out of range (which are are pushing thier limits) and have background noise

mgthump wrote:
you said backhauls how many do you have co located? you maybe have problems due to freq. overlap if your out of spectrum and/or timing issue. if you need good thruput at that distance, your going to need a bigger unit . 35 miles is loss of service for those. in weather it will be considerable less. I would recommend you reconsider your PTP hardware. or try and build a site close to those multiple customers to use PMTP if bandwidth needs can be handled. you'll save your self a lot of headach and possibly cash in the long run.

like amd phreak said, use the link planner pick what ever radio. it will show you fresnel zone, if its clear then those ptp 100 units will link as long as your not out of range (which are are pushing thier limits) and have background noise

from our base, 2.4 GHz spectrum is free. But cant get registered the remote device. same case for 5.7 GHz, device registered for 10 minutes and then gone, says outside power and jitter level.

Motorola documents says, for BH 20 db device, u cant get link not more than 8-10km. but we did it for 56 km! this link is running for 5 years and smoothly.

long range link was not problem for us one year before until new BH product we purchased. also new reflectors. device performances gradually decreasing. new soft has new new features, but low performances, as i am facing.

there are no collocated devices. only one pair BH. BH10. tower height one side 60 meter, other side has 45 meter. link distances 44km.

i am so disappointed. this fail registration first happen in my 7 years canopy business life.

thats why, i am sharing my situation with all of you, need suggestions and helps. thanks all of you for doing this.

Try another pair of BH…
I have 46Km link -56dbm 12Mbps agregate 9.0 software working perfect!