Link Symmetry in PTP300 and PTP500

We are evaluating a PTP solution greater then a simple BH20.

Reading the PTP400 manual I have found that the download/upload ratio (called “Link Symmetry”) is fixed with only two possible values: 1:1 and 2:1.

In the manuals of the new PTP300 and PTP500 I haven’t found this parameter. Is it alway fixed at 1:1? Or maybe it dynamically adapts to the traffic (but I don’t think so…)?

Thanks.

its transmit and recieve are independent of one another and will try to modulate the the best available throughput on each independently

thatoneguysteve wrote:
its transmit and recieve are independent of one another and will try to modulate the the best available throughput on each independently

OK, but for example the PTP500 has a declared speed of 105Mbps. So we have 105Mbps in BOTH direction (total throughput of 210Mbps)? Or this is the SUM of both directions, so we have a max throughput of 52Mbps for each direction?

Thanks.

the speed is an aggregate bandwidth meaning that it is a combined speed of the up/down

nucoles wrote:
the speed is an aggregate bandwidth meaning that it is a combined speed of the up/down

OK.

Now anybody can conform me that, while the old PTP400s could have two download/upload rations (1:1 and 2:1), the new PTP300 and PTP500 don't have this option (so, I assume that only 1:1 is allowed)?

Thanks.