LINKPlanner V4.3.2 Release Now Available

A new release of the LINKPlanner is available from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/linkplanner

The key features of this release are:

New or changed features

• New Feature - PMP Equipment Templates to define AP Equipment
  • New Feature - BOM Estimator Tool for PTP
  • ePMP 1000
    • Added support for 4.9 GHz in PTP mode
    • Added 2.5 ms Frame Period
    • Added PMP 450 60 and 90 degree antennas as options to the AP
      • Note that when using the PMP 450 antennas with an ePMP 1000 radio you will need an additional cable which converts RP-SMA to N-type and please check that you have the correct brackets.
  • PTP 820
    • Added PTP 820C 2+0 SD
    • Added 15 GHz Canadian Regulation
  • PMP/PTP 450i
    • Added PMP 450 60 degree antenna to AP option list
    • Added Mexico in 4.9, 5.4 and 5.8 GHz
    • Updated regulations for 5.8 GHz for all PMP countries and 4.9 GHz and 5.8 GHz PTP in Brazil
  • PMP 450
    • Extended Downlink Data range to 15 - 75% for North America region at 5.4 GHz
  • Unlicensed Band
    • Added antenna patterns for all Cambium unlicensed external antennas to the Save Antenna Pattern feature
    • Added PTP 450i to FCC/IC Antenna Approval warning list and updated list for PTP 650 and 700
  • Updated Installation Reports for PMP/PTP 450, PMP/PTP 450i and ePMP, including adding Frequency Carrier information

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug in Channel Plans when using the Create Plans with PMP 450i
  • Corrected part numbers for PMP/PTP 450i radios in Bill of Materials and updated brackets and optional extras
  • Removed capability to define an AP antenna from Hub Level
  • Corrected throughput for Lowest Ethernet mode when used in conjunction with TDM for PTP 600, 650 and 700.
  • Fixed issue with corruption of config file when there is no access to internet
1 Like

Very nice upgrade to the antenna options!

Would be possible to add the Force110 dish for PMP in a future release?

Hi Guilherme,

Can I just clarify your request. Are you looking to use the Force 110 dish on an ePMP Access Point (this would be a very narrow coverage area) or to use the Force 110 dish as an external antenna on a PMP 450/450i SM?

Regards,

Rachel

Hi Guilherme,

On PMP 450 the high gain antenna option is covered with the PMP 450d, whcih gives slightly higher gain than the Force 110 dish, therefore it isn't necessary to add the Force 110 as an SM antenna option to PMP 450.

Regards,

Rachel

I have some cases where we have 22dbi dishes (10 by10 degrees), in PTMP, serving 7-8 stations each.

Hi Guilheme,

Thank you for the additional explanation.

We don't have the 3D patterns available at the moment for these SM antennas. We will look into what antennas we offer for use at the AP and how we can address this requirement in a future release.

There can be some limitations with how such narrow beam antennas are used and we will need to ensure that LINKPlanner isn't giving a false impression of what can be deployed, which may mean that we can't introduce some antennas until we have incorporated additional new features that are in our pipeline.

Regards,

Rachel