A new release of the LINKPlanner is available from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/linkplanner
The key features of V4.6.1 and V4.6.2 are:
New or changed features
- PTP 670
- Added HCMP functionality for the PTP 670 family on the PMP side of LINKPlanner
To plan HCMP networks please use the PMP side of LINKPlanner.
Please note that projects containing PTP 670 HCMP can only be opened in V4.6.1 or later.
- Updated antenna options across PTP 670 and PTP 670 HCMP
- PTP 700
- Updated antenna options including introducing new wide band antennas across 4 and 5 GHz bands
The following new antennas are now available for use with PTP 700
- PTP 650
- Notification of obsolescence of PTP 650 radios included in the BOM
- PMP/PTP 450 family
- PMP 450m
- Increased product EIRP limit to 42 dBm
- Updated regulatory information for FCC
- PMP 450m
These updates change the EIRP back-offs at some channels in the 5.1, 5.2 and 5.4 GHz bands for FCC.
- PMP/PTP 450/450i
- Added Malaysia in PTP mode
- Added Colombia, Ecuador, Panama and Venezuela at 900 MHz
- PTP 820
- Added NTIA options for PTP 820C at 7, 8, 15 and 23 GHz
- Extended PTP 820G NTIA options to include 15 and 23 GHz
- Improved selection capability for Optional Extras in the BOM to allow selection/deletion of multiple items simultaneously
To add multiple items from New Extras to the Bill of Materials tick the boxes for each item in the New Extra window. To filter items, type into the Filter box and the list will reduce to match the text entered. LINKPlanner will remember your selections from one filter as you move to a new one. To add your selected items to the BOM select OK, select Cancel to exist from the New Extras window without updating the BOM.
To delete multiple optional extras from the BOM, highlight the rows required and then select Delete Extra.
- Improved selection of columns in LINKPlanner tables to allow selection/removal of multiple items simultaneously and column ordering.
In any of the table views in LINKPlanner which contain multiple columns you can now select multiple columns at once to add or delete and search for items in the list. To see the new dialog box right click on the heading of the table. In the new dialog the right hand side shows the items already displayed in the table and the left hand side shows any additional items that can be displayed. To move items between the two sides use the highlighted buttons in the centre. To move some selected items, highlight the ones required and then use the top two buttons (> to add items to the table or < to remove from items from the table). To move all items from one side to the other select >> or <<.
To reorder the items on the right hand side use the up and down arrow buttons at the side of the window (or the up and down arrow keys). The items will then appear in the table in the same order as in the list.
These is a filter option on both sides of the table, which work the same as other filters in LINKPlanner. When you use the filter the reduced list is indicated with a yellow background. Within the filtered list you can continue to select and move using the single move buttons, however using the move all buttons (double arrow) will only move across what has been filtered, i.e. 6 items in the case below.
- Added ability to unlicensed band to use spatial diversity with dual polarization antennas
To use spatial diversity with dual polarization antennas, select the antenna and then tick the Spatial Diversity box below it. This will then add two of these antennas to the BOM.
Please note that you will only use one port on each antenna at the same end of the link and they must be of opposite polarizations. The other port must be terminated (terminations are not supplied by Cambium Networks).
- Added grouping to antenna selection list to group antennas by Cambium, User, 3rd party and Obsolete.
- Updated some unlicensed band Cambium part numbers to obsolete
- Added warning on extended frequency range antennas at 4.9 and 5.9 GHz
The range of antennas listed as 5.25 to 5.85 GHz or as simply 5.2 are offered for use by the manufacturer in the 4.9 and 5.9 GHz band with some reduction in performance. Based on recent data Cambium Networks considers that the match on these antennas to our radios may cause performance issues and therefore these antennas are no longer recommended for use in the 4.9 and 5.9 GHz bands. A warning is now shown if they are selected in these bands.
- Replace missing Force 180/200 products from SM BOM and BOM Estimator (V4.6.2)
- Prevented Google map from zooming when initial site is created
- Prevented error on map when doing CSV imports
- Fixed throughput calculations for cnReach when in single fixed mode
This prevents the negative throughput rates that were being shown
- Added missing XPIC license to PTP 820 4+0 XPIC BOM
- Corrected PTP 820 24 GHz radio quantities for 2+0 configurations
- Added missing fixed tuned connectors in BOM for PTP 820i
Fixed tuned connectors for the antenna were not included in the BOM only for the radio end
- Corrected modulo 360 issue when adding multiple AP’s from the “Add new hub” menu
This prevents angles larger than 360° being shown in the AP Equipment
- Corrected error when deleting a large number of APs
- Allow multiple editing for “AP Mod Mode Required” in PMP tables
- Fixed issue with selection of PTP 820 Warranties in the BOM
- Corrected issue when creating PTP 820 2+x links in the BOM Estimator