LINKPlanner v5.4.2 Now Available

A new release of the LINKPlanner is available from https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/linkplanner

The key features of 5.4.2 are:

60 GHz cnWave

PTP 820/850

• Added 2048 QAM mode on 80 MHz bandwidth to PTP 820C & PTP 820S Wide and to PTP 820C HP

Please note that when opening an existing project with 80 MHz links the Modulation mode will not automatically update to 2048 QAM, it will need to be updated on each link required.

• Updated PTP 850E to Rel 11.1 with the following features:

• 750 and 1500 MHz bandwidths
    • 2+0 XPIC
    • QSFP Fiber option

ePMP

• Added ePTP mode for Force 3000 products

This is only available for PTP links and switches the radio into adaptive DL/UL Ratio

In ePTP mode the Throughput rates shown in Performance Summary still represent the balanced load in each direction, whereas in the Performance Details the charts show two scenarios, one for the balanced load (same throughput in each direction – darker area) and the other shows the maximum throughput in either direction (assumes no throughput in opposite direction – lighter area)

The Performance Details table shows the maximum throughput in each direction, with the Aggregate row in the common details section showing the total throughput possible in both directions.

• Added LPU surge suppression as an optional extra for ePMP 3000

PMP 450 family

• Added 5 GHz PMP 450b Retro in PTP and PMP modes
  • Updated PMP 450 CBRS export version

General

• Added new option to display and export Latitude and Longitude coordinates in signed decimal format
    image003

Please note that if you configure LINKPlanner to use the signed decimal format and then open an earlier version of LINKPlanner it will cause an error. Your options are saved on your machine not with respect to version. To correct your settings open the LINKPlanner program (without a project file) and go to options, then change the blank entry to a valid setting.

• Added 5 GHz KP Omni Antenna to PMP 450i and ePMP APs

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue with Best Server Analysis in the 900 MHz band
  • Corrected error when setting Country in the Channel Plan on cnReach
  • Corrected part number for PMP 450 MicroPop Unlock key
  • Updated SFP parts for cnRanger
  • Returned missing cnReach custom antennas
  • Corrected error from edge case in P.530-17 causing a negative square root
  • Added missing Guard Interval on Force 300-16 and Force 300-25 in PTP mode
  • Added capability to configure Link B parameters on 80 GHz Multiband in the BOM Estimator
  • Added support for different remote products when exporting performance charts
  • Corrected 60 GHz remote product selection in the PTP Links table
  • Corrected refresh issue on user entries for the 80 GHz Multiband Link B1/B2 paths
3 Likes

Cool changes!

One question, regarding the 450b retro there does not appear to be a way to change the dish size or define a custom dish (as far as I can see anyway). Are there plans to allow a custom defined dishes like the 450i is able?

Thanks!

Hi,

As far as I know the 450b Retro is only available with an integrated antenna. It’s similar to the rest of the 450b family, but the form factor allows you to use a reflector dish, as you could with the now-retired PMP-450.

Thanks,

Andy

Hello, I’m not sure if this is an update issue, but since updating to 5.4.2, i can’t seem to see the “C Factor” in the performance summary of my links anymore.

Just to clarify, my profile template is currently set to: VF_with_ITU_rain_P530_17

Hi Andrew!

Yes, correct it has an integrated antenna, but would be used with a reflector dish. We have one to test and are planning to use it with a KP Performance 27db reflector. It would be very handy if in Link Planner we could see what the calculations would be with the retro + custom reflector. Right now I have it estimating it with the 450i + a 27 db dish which might get close but I think it might be better if it was customizable option within linkplanner for the 450b retro + reflector.

Thanks!

Hi,

The C Factor is still there in the pop-up report for FDD products.

You can also display it as a column in the PTP Links table.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi,

There are a few problems that could appear if we allow custom “antennas” on an integrated product. LINKPlanner doesn’t differentiate between reflectors and antennas at the moment.

For now we only offer the PMP-450 reflector that has always been available in LINKPlanner, but we will review this for future releases.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Team,

I have been using the cnWave part of Linkplanner for future deployments and testing.

Could you please look at splitting the 2 sectors on this. Makes it harder to plan out when you are adding clients to both sectors rather than just one…

So please make it come up for example as:

Site Name > PMP Link > cnWave AP > cnWave ap1
> cnWave ap2

Thanks,

Happy to explain further

Hi Chris,

We looked at two approaches when adding the V5000 to LINKPlanner, we could have added it as two separate sectors, but this would allow too much freedom between the sectors, which have shared parameters and cannot be aligned independently of each other. It would also make it much harder to put the BOM together.

This is why we have added it as one unit, but there are many parameters that are known about at the individual sector level, so when subscribers are added they are added to a specific sector, not just to the DN as a whole.

Which sector a CN is connected to can be shown on the Links to Subscriber Modules by adding the SM Sector column.

image001

The sector information is also shown on the Subscriber Module equipment and if a CN is close to the equal power boundary between the two sectors users can choose which sector to add the subscriber to.

On the V5000 the Performance is shown independently for each sector as well as the aggregate and under PMP Links Access Points the number of clients and throughput can be shown per sector as well as the total.

Please also take a look at our Knowledge Base article on planning cnWave networks for more guidance, How to plan a cnWave 60 GHz PMP Network

Please let us know if there is something else that you are trying to do that we haven’t covered yet.

Regards,

Rachel

1 Like

Is it just me or did the United State and/or FCC cease to exist in the Force 300-CSM product in Link Planner? I cannot find my correct region.

Hi Yancey,

See Canada country option for Force 300.

Thanks,

Andy