Login name & password for Prizm

What Login name & Password for Prizm 30 days eval should i give…?

I have downloaded , but unable to log on.

I have spent about 10 hours trying to get this software to function and have been unable to get it to work.

I too got the eval version but was unable to even login to check it out. I suggest that Canopy makes this a packaged solution however they have to do it. To sell a product that relies on four other programs to be installed and configured perfectly in order to work does not warrant the $10,000 price tag that this is supposedly worth.

I have given up and will probably not touch this again unless it is properly distributed with what it needs. I understand that licensing prevents them from doing this but something needs to be fixed.

I read most of the manual (the installation part about three times) but it was very confusing, called tech support and still didnt get things going. The guy on tech support sounded as confused as I did.

I could get through to this login screen.

The procedure i followed is as follows.

1. Installed the mysql database , created the user bost_user with password bost_user & database as prizm .
2.Install the prizm with proper require JRE.
2. Copied the licene file given bu Motorola for prozm to c:‘canopy’licenfiles’ folder
3. Updated C:'Canopy’Prizm’3rdParty’Java’jdbc_drivers’mysql’mysql.xml file to reflect correct mysql java connector.

After doing all of above I can now login to the prizm server with prizmadmin username & no password , But I still am not able to get any devices scanned.

So as u say still i am stuck. Not , but might give 1 last chance…when i get some time.

I get the message

Discover Elements Completed Succesfully.

Found 0 Elements out of 1 IP Addresses Scanned.Discover Elements Completed Succesfully.
Found 0 Elements out of 1 IP Addresses Scanned.

So I have no success in getting the Elements…!!!

Ok. Got it working. Since I have multiple IP address in my PC, Prizm
was taking localhost & related subnet.

Once I started prizm from proper correct Ip iaddress in browser it detected the AP .

So now I have got prizm working !

Matrixsup,

did you tried the remote session? How about the speed. I have a working Prizm on RHEL3 where the console opened on the server is really fast, but the remote console have slower response. Maybe due to the Java applets.
My problem is, that when I log off, the prizm daemon dies and must be restarted. I do not know why.

Marvil,

“Remote session” , do u mean accessing the Prizm server via VNC or such utility ?

No no, I mean connecting to the Prizm server from another workstation using the web browser.

Ok. Based on my experience all java based apps require decent amt of memory .Please check the client side memory also .If the applet gets downloaded on client , it will take memory on client also.

e.g. We have customers who run Oracle Apps which runs via browser & uses Java Server .The application runs via browser , but still the client PC needs minimum 256 to 512mb ram .

Regarding the Daemon dieng off.I found that too & since I checked this up for evaluation purpose , did not bother much.

Basically just familiarized myself with the product to ensure that in the event of any installation comming up we at that point of time do not spend much time in basics.

Logging Into PrizmEMS:
The initial login is ‘prizmadmin’ with no password.
The Web Server and the EMS daemon are separate processes. So, even if the you can open the web page and launch the client, if login fails, you will need to verify that the EMS daemon is running. Open the logs folder and look at the logfile with the latest timestamp. Make sure there is an entry that states that the server is up and running.

Daemon Dies when client logs of:
Make sure you are using at least Java Version 1.5.0_04 on the server. We have noticed some general socket related issues with earlier versions on Linux that may cause the Daemon to die when a client exits.

Slow Clients:
On slow clients, if you are using a Java 1.5 client, it tends to be a little slower when using sockets. To improve the speed, on the Client Machine, set up a host file entry with your Server’s IP address. The name for the entry doesn’t matter. The slow down is caused because Java 1.5 tries to do a hostname lookup, even if you are connecting via IP address. This will have to be done on all Clients.

w18638 wrote:
Slow Clients:
On slow clients, if you are using a Java 1.5 client, it tends to be a little slower when using sockets. To improve the speed, on the Client Machine, set up a host file entry with your Server's IP address. The name for the entry doesn't matter. The slow down is caused because Java 1.5 tries to do a hostname lookup, even if you are connecting via IP address. This will have to be done on all Clients.

This did a big help. Thanks. :wink: