Longest Backhaul

Curious to know what your longest BH is and what equipment it is with.
We are looking to establish a link at 145 km or about 90 miles and want to achieve it with the fewest hops possible.

We have Nera Interlink SDH 90 km, 6 Ghz. 150 shouldn’t be a problem if you have line of sight and clear Fresnel zone.

erkan wrote:
We have Nera Interlink SDH 90 km, 6 Ghz. 150 shouldn't be a problem if you have line of sight and clear Fresnel zone.

What type/size dish are you using with that? - We can get the LOS.

Is the link stable in poor weather?

Graham, are you familiar with the Canopy Link Estimator tool? It’s the best way to evaluate the feasibility of a link. You can download it from the Canopy library. It’s an excellent tool.

You can use Radio Mobile as a sanity check on the Fresnel clearance just to certain. If you are not familiar with Radio Mobile, look for the installer package. I LOVE this tool. I am currently using it to design a City WiFi system. I also use it to evaluate P2P, and questionable P2MP links before I even get in the truck.

Graham MacDonald wrote:

What type/size dish are you using with that? - We can get the LOS.

Is the link stable in poor weather?

We are using 2.4 meter Andrew antennas, dual polarity, 2+0 configuration. This is expencive equipment, just the antennas are more than 20000 euros. Rock solid for two years.

Haven’t used the canopy link estimator tool but I’ll download and try it. We have been using radio mobile since day 1 though.

Thanks for input guys

Erkan,

What is throughput you get from your NERA interlink SDH. Do you get a full STM-1?

We might need to choose one of the licensed platforms for greater bandwidth.

Thanks

Full duplex, regardles of the number of packets per second or weather conditions.