Management

I'm confused as to what the three different management tools Cambium has do and which one/ones I need to manage an ePMP network.

CNS Server

cnMastro

Wireless Manager

Can someone help me out here?

I don't know the specifics of Wireless Manager so I can't comment on it. 

CNS Server is a locally installed management platform that allows snmp-based management of your ePMP devices.  It is a bit dated in look and feel but covers basic management and troubleshooting tasks.  It can be installed in-house on a windows or linux machine.

cnMaestro is the new, web-based management system.  It's very much in beta but is a good initial take on a more modern management system.  One caveat with cnMaestro is that you have to be running 2.5.1 on all of your radios for all of the functionality to be there.  You can signup for beta access on the forums here.

Thanks.  Does Maestro use SNMP as well?  Or does it require installing some kind of daemon onto the radios to report "home" to the management server?

How well do either of these two systems scale if you have a network of 1,000 radios?

@RFWaveRider wrote:

Thanks.  Does Maestro use SNMP as well?  Or does it require installing some kind of daemon onto the radios to report "home" to the management server?

How well do either of these two systems scale if you have a network of 1,000 radios?

Maestro does not use SNMP, it uses an SSL tunnel from the device to the cloud. The devices that you onboard have to be running a newer firmware that supports cnMaestro (e.g. firmware rev 2.5.1 for ePMP devices) You have to onboard devices to the cloud by serial number (which I believe is only currently supported by cnPilot devices) or by entering in your onboarding credentials on the device. Once you've done either method, you then 'approve' devices within the cnMastro dashboard and they come 'onboard' and from there they can be monitored/managed from the dashboard.

As far as scalability is concerned, it's too soon to tell how well it will scale. I believe currently cnMaestro is limited to 100 devices, but that cap will soon be lifted. I believe the eventual goal is for it to support 1000's of Cambium devices (BH radios, PtMP radios, WiFi routers, etc).