Minimum MTU size

Does anyone know what the minimum MTU size is of the ePMP?

I have an installation requiring small packet sizes. So I'm not sure if the ePMP is ideal for this, or would the PMP450 be better suited?

Thanks

Kyle

Hi Kyle, 

The MTU range on ePMP is 576 bytes to 1700 bytes. MTU size should not play a major role when sending small packets. Can you please elaborate on what's driving this need?

Thanks,

Sriram

Hi Sriram

Thanks for the MTU answer, I had been unable to find that info elsewhere.

Sorry for the confusion, my question was two-part. My question about packet size is because of an installation I have. It is to provide the wireless network to support an access control system. I have been told that this system requires very small packet sizes.

Now for the PTP450 and by extension I assume the PMP450, these products work well for applications requiring small packet sizes. So, I was wondering how the ePMP stacks up in comparison?

Thanks 

Hi Kyle, 

From a small packets perspective, there is no major difference between the PMP 450 and ePMP. The advantages of PMP 450 comes about on the RF side (64 byte frames vs larger frames for ePMP resulting in costlier retransmission under poor RF conditions) and advance software features on the PMP 450. Also relatively lower latency on the PMP 450 overall. 

Both products will do well for your scenario. 

Thanks,

Sriram