mobile browser ePMP UI

Another un-reply-able post (just adding to my irritation and frustration with this new “forum”…):

Is the new web interface mobile phone friendly?
Steven Oct 07, 2013 11:50PM CDT

For those times when access to a laptop or pc just isn’t convenient or possible.
Community Responses
Up 1 Down
CambiumSri Oct 08, 2013 12:04PM CDT

Yes, the new Cambium UI is mobile friendly. It is most optimal when used with mobile devices running Apple’s iOS or Google’s Android Operating Systems.

This question has received the maximum number of answers.

Really? Maximum number of answers??

Here’s my answer: No, it is NOT mobile friendly, based on V1.2.3 and Chrome browser on my 5" Android phone. I spend far more time pinch-zooming in and out to transition between ‘readable’ and ‘navigable’ states than I do actually accomplishing anything.

It loads up showing the standard desktop-layout site shrunken down to fit in the top 40% of my phone’s screen. Zoom in enough to read and interact with controls and it keeps automatically altering layout to try to keep ‘important’ parts of the top ‘menu bar’ on-screen, even if that means nothing else is visible.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not holding this against Cambium or the developers of the new WebUI, but I heartily disagree that it is “mobile friendly”. It will load on a phone, and it’s not totally fubared in that environment, but it’s still closer to “Unusable” than “Friendly”.

j