MODIFY SNMP & POWER CONTROL

I'm trying to create a template to modify the section from the SM: SNMMPsnmpv2c settings \ SNMP Community String 1 and to modify the radiopower control.

Someone knows how to created this template? because my mind its near to close sesion or crash like the blue screen on windows.

@David_Aneas wrote:

I'm trying to create a template to modify the section from the SM: SNMMPsnmpv2c settings \ SNMP Community String 1 and to modify the radiopower control.

Someone knows how to created this template? because my mind its near to close sesion or crash like the blue screen on windows.

Hi David,

Are you asking about a cnMaestro template? Also, what platform are you referring to here? 450 AP or SM, or something else?

Thanks,

-Al

Something like this might work for a PMP450-based product for cnMaestro templates, but you'll want to test it first to make sure:

{
  "userParameters": {
    "snmpConfig": {
      "commStringRW": "Canopy",
      "rwUserName": "Canopy"
    },
    "radioConfig": {
      "transmitterOP": 16
    }
  }
}

Obviously, change Canopy to whatever you want your community string to be (commStringRW applies to SNMPV2, and rwUserName applies to SNMPV3, so you don't necessarily need both), and change the 16 to whatever power level in dB that you want to set the transmitter to.

Hope that helps.

-Al

Good morning,

Many thanks for the answer.

I have other question, do you know if i can find any document with all the tags for do my templates?

It will be great and will help me a lot. My product is PMP450 and its for cnMaestro

From cnMaestro, if you navigate to one of your radios, then click the "Configuration" tab, near the bottom is a link for "View Device Configuration". If you click that link, you will get a popup which contains a template file for the current radio configuration, and should contain all possible variables that you can configure:

You can download that file and then remove anything you don't want to configure, leaving behind only the things you do care about. You just have to be careful to maintain the structure of the file with respect to nested elements. For example, if you wanted to set the ping watchdog shown above, you could use a file like:

VALID:

{
    "userParameters": {
        "pingWatchDogConfig": {
            "pingWdogEnable": 1
        }
    }
}

NOT VALID (must contain parent elements or radio will reject this):

{
    "pingWdogEnable": 1
}

I would also suggest running your template through an online JSON validator (like https://jsonlint.com/) to make sure it is valid, or the radio will reject it.

I'm not sure if we have any further documentation on cnMaestro templates, but I would suggest checking our support site and also the cnMaestro community section of the forums for more specific questions: http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/bd-p/cnMaestro

While I am a SW eng on the 450 product line, engineers from the cnMaestro team can probably give you better information in that subforum :D.

Good luck!

-Al