More info on beam steering and air time fairness regarding r195

Where can i find more info on beem stearing or air time fairness? There is nothing in the router and i see no where to get insights on this info. Other devices on the market with the same features have insights/graphs/stats or anything showing all the devices and their usage and network health to give you an idea of the wireless environment. 

I assume that this is part of the AC wave2 standard? but yeah, I'd like to know some more details on this.

Is no one from cambium going to give an update on this?

Hi ,

Please login using Basic user login ,<useradmin/admin> (default credentials) to device . There on helath tab you can see Router network status and bandwidth usase .

If you have onborded these to cnMaestro, you can check toos tab , you haveoption to scan and check all active SSID . There are other debugging tools as well in same tab.

I have attached images for you reference .

Regards,

Nilesh

There is no health tab any where inside the router GUI, can you explain? I just checked every tab and sub tab. Station info is the closest thing. Im not needing to oerform a wifi scan. These new r195 routers are supposed to have beam steering capabilites and also air time fairness built in. Im requesting more info on how this works. As for the easy UI pick you sent where can we get to that becuase i see nowhere to find that also?

Hi ,

Login to router using basic login .  You will get to EASYUI . 

Username: useradmin

password: admin

These are default credentials . 

Regards,

Nilesh

In order to log into the new r195's remotely you have to enter a non deafult admin password into the configs for access. with the info you provided i cannot log in that way and tells me specifically unable to login with default password from internet side.

I figured out how to log in and change the user mode and change its password credentials. my mind is blown actually!

We added this feature in R195 to make it more secure . Remote login is not allowed with default password .

Regards,

Nilesh

Hi all, 

The R195W is a 802.11ac Wave 1 product. It DOES NOT support Band Steering and Air Time Fairness.

thanks 

Ashutosh

Well if thats the case then you guys are faslely advertising to your customers on the spec sheets of your equipment. Might want to get someone to fix that...

It clearly says beam steering and airtime fairness in the spec sheet!

1 Like

@ashutoshdatta wrote:

Hi all, 

The R195W is a 802.11ac Wave 1 product. It DOES NOT support Band Steering and Air Time Fairness.

thanks 

Ashutosh

Ashutosh,

Please confirm: is the following note on the datasheet incorrect?

"802.11ac, beam steering, VHT rates, airtime fairness"

Thank you, Chris

Anyone? Can anyone from Cambium confirm whether the datasheet is incorrect, or if there if these are features that we can rely on?