Need help with epmp1000 hotspot DHCP

Im having issues with my hotspots.  I have a dhcp server connected to the lan/data side of the POE but my hotspots are handing out both those addresses and 169.254 addresses.  I have disabled zero ip config but the issue still exist.  Do i need to set up a DHCP pool wihin the radio?

Hmmm... that's really strange. Is the ePMP hotspot itself grabbing an address via DHCP from the router/DHCP server?

Are you running the newest firmware rev 2.0-r48?

@Joshua121 wrote:

Im having issues with my hotspots.  I have a dhcp server connected to the lan/data side of the POE but my hotspots are handing out both those addresses and 169.254 addresses.  I have disabled zero ip config but the issue still exist.  Do i need to set up a DHCP pool wihin the radio?

No, the DHCP pool within the AP will be needed only if we are using the APs own DHCP server. Since your DHCP server is on the LAN/Data side of the PoE the AP will just bridge DHCP requests/responses from the wireless client to the DHCP server.

Yes it is grabbing DHCP from my on site router and yes I immediately upgraded to the latest firmware when it was released this week.  

Well thats exactly what I assumed about the DHCP pool as well but the device was still handing both dhcp from my on site router and 169.254 addresses which  I assume being Cambium that those were from the hotspot.  Client isolation was set too!  This was for al I can tell a glitch within thise equipment because I have never seen this before with the UBNT gear and I actually had to put it back up due to this situation.  Anyone else have any ideas?

I was actually wondering by my intial question whether this equipment can even be ran as an AP grabbing DHCP from an onsite router or if the DHCP pool MUST BE set within the device because it didnt like grabbing from the outside DHCP server at all.  DHCP relay was also set!  It was in fact grabbing my 10.0 IP addresses from the Mikrotik router but also handing the 169.254 IP addresses out all at the same time.  Some clients had 169.254 addresses some had 10.0 addresses from my Mikrotik so I was like WTH! Traffic was just stopping and I also seen a ton of clients whose security key kept getting rejected who could not even connect for the first time (running WPA2 on the hotspot).  I have purchased a several of these radios and none of them would work properly.  I have went through 4 different firmware versions from 1.6 to 2.0 beta to the latest 2.0-48 and none resolved this issue.  I have a ton of ePMP 1000 multipoint which fuctions great so I would love to resolve this issue so I can relaunch this hotspot gear so everything is on the same platform all manageable from CnMaestro.  If anyone can help me resolve this I would greatly appreciate it!

@Joshua121 wrote:

I was actually wondering by my intial question whether this equipment can even be ran as an AP grabbing DHCP from an onsite router or if the DHCP pool MUST BE set within the device because it didnt like grabbing from the outside DHCP server at all.  DHCP relay was also set!  It was in fact grabbing my 10.0 IP addresses from the Mikrotik router but also handing the 169.254 IP addresses out all at the same time.  Some clients had 169.254 addresses some had 10.0 addresses from my Mikrotik so I was like WTH! Traffic was just stopping and I also seen a ton of clients whose security key kept getting rejected who could not even connect for the first time (running WPA2 on the hotspot).  I have purchased a several of these radios and none of them would work properly.  I have went through 4 different firmware versions from 1.6 to 2.0 beta to the latest 2.0-48 and none resolved this issue.  I have a ton of ePMP 1000 multipoint which fuctions great so I would love to resolve this issue so I can relaunch this hotspot gear so everything is on the same platform all manageable from CnMaestro.  If anyone can help me resolve this I would greatly appreciate it!

Could you please open a support ticket and send the support team the tech-support from this AP? You can download it from the GUI under 'Operations', its a tar-file that contains all the logs and config.

The onboard DHCP server is not required to be set. In most configurations the AP is typically setup to simply bridge packets out and some server on the wired side would do the DHCP. The AP itself will get an IP address over DHCP as well, and so will the clients, DHCP-Relay configuration is not needed. The tech-support should help us figure out what is going on.

Hello Team,

I have this Epmp 1000  hotspot radio and I want to setup, but I want hotspot slash page to come from my Mikrotik and the pools of IP, but I notice that I don't get the splash page and the pools of IP is still from my Hotspot radio. Can anyone help with solution?

Hi,

Thanks for sharing with us about your issues.

Can u share us the techdump support of epmp1000 hotspot AP.

So that we can debug the issue.

Hello Team,

I still can get things right, as I have been on this for some pretty long time now, Like I earlier said I have this Epmp 1000 Hotspot Radio, as it's pretty heavier to bring up it splash page, So i decided to use the Mikrotik one, There is something I really want to acheive, but it seem I'm getting things all wrong, I want to stage an hotspot in my office and I want all pool of IP set to come from My Mikrotik Router and Mikrotik splash page, but still can't get that.

@ Joshua how far have you gone with yours?