New Bridge-in-a-Box

Check out the press release on our new ePMP Bridge-in-a-Box kit.

1 Like

Sorry if I seem like a jerk, chief, but what exactly do we get for the roughly $150 premium we pay above the cost of two Force 180 radios?  It would make sense if the Bridge-in-a-Box were on the shelf at WalMart, or on Amazon or something where it's sold to end-users directly, but between posting on the forum here and the press release directing us to seek it at Cambium Distributors, it seems targeted at ISPs and others who would "know better".

We've installed Force180 PtP links for customers, and have charged little more than that $350 including programming/installation labor, ground rods, etc.

j

1 Like

The press release makes me believe this isn’t going to be a wisp oriented product.

But a request as a wisp, it would be nice if we could buy 20 packs of gear that is packaged in a single carton with the radios just in deviders and no retail packaging, all the bricks packed together, all the mounts wrapped up together and all of the radios deviced into cells so we’ve got less waste, smaller shipping boxes and less material to dig through. 1 getting started guide per 20 pack for those who needed it

3 Likes

Cambium could get Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg to do a “Bridge-in-a-box” theme song. :wink:

5 Likes

Well, no theme song (yet), but this is a different approach. Check out the  article at http://www.channelbuzz.ca/2017/08/cambium-networks-looks-non-traditional-channels-take-epmp-bridge-box-market-22284/?utm_source=website&utm_campaign=wordtwit&utm_medium=web .

1 Like

@newkirk wrote:

Sorry if I seem like a jerk, chief, but what exactly do we get for the roughly $150 premium we pay above the cost of two Force 180 radios?  It would make sense if the Bridge-in-a-Box were on the shelf at WalMart, or on Amazon or something where it's sold to end-users directly, but between posting on the forum here and the press release directing us to seek it at Cambium Distributors, it seems targeted at ISPs and others who would "know better".

We've installed Force180 PtP links for customers, and have charged little more than that $350 including programming/installation labor, ground rods, etc.

j

+1

That's what I want, the average Joe with a wifi extender that can screw with me at 10 Miles...