New firmware for the CMM5
Today we are announcing the availability of a new version of CMM5 firmware that improves the manageability, usability and performance for network operators. This new firmware is available for download from: https://support.cambiumnetworks.com/files/pmpacc/ .
The CMM5 platform provides managed power distribution and TDD sync signal distribution for radio platforms such as the PMP 450i, PMP 450m, PMP 450 and the PTP 670. It can accept +/-48 VDC as input and generate power for four PMP 450m Access Points.
It is recommended that all deployments of the CMM5 be upgraded to this new firmware version.
System Release 1.4 adds support for:
- Master Power Injector firmware upgrade from the Controller
- Remote management via SNMPv2c and SNMPv3
- GPS satellite statistics and data reporting
- Local time synchronization from the UGPS module
- Improved compatibility with 650/670 and 700 series PTP radios
- Numerous defect corrections and performance/usability enhancements
More details are available in an updated user guide and release notes available at the same link above.
We look forward to your feedback on this release and especially if you have ideas for improvement or new feature requests. Of course for technical support requests you should contact Cambium via the normal support processes.