Good morning everyone,
So I've setup my first few AP's and a few clients but I'm looking for some functionality that I'm not finding.
I'm sure its in there somewhere, but I just haven't been able to locate it.
- I'm looknig for a view of my AP's and connected clients, I can see a list, but there is no association to each other.
- Is there a view that shows me what devices are online and offline?
- Is there a view that show device statistics that I can modify what fields I can see? I want to be able to see uptime, radio statistics, connection quality, without having to drill down into each radio.
- Alerts, can I setup alerts or notifications if one of my AP's go down via email?
- Do I have to put in the username and password for every device before it imports it? It fails every time a device is discovered until I manually put in the username and passowrd, even though it is the same under the admin / discover - default username and password
I know its a bunch of questions, but I guess its a few things I have gotten used to in my current management console. Aircontrol has a lot of that functionality today, if its possible that would be great, if not maybe I can find that functionality by other means.
Thanks in advance,
Question 1: The Monitor -> Map should show AP's and a line to each client.
Question 2: Typically the color coding will show if it's online, that or click the device and on the dashboard it will tell you if LAN / WAN is online.
Question 3: Not sure completely on your customization question, but using the MAP view and clicking the devices I think is one of the quicker ways to navigate in CNS.
Question 4: I don't believe alerting is available at this time but I could be wrong.
Question 5: You shouldn't have to, as long as your CNS SNMP settings are set under Admin -> Discover, and then your fields are all correct on the Discover -> Discover Devices section.
Thanks for the quick response Ben, just a few additional questions...
- Oh, so that would mean that I would need GPS coordinates for every client. Don't have that currently, but all of my AP's and clients are currently bundled in a cluster, 'expand cluster' doesn't really seem to do anything.
- Monitor / Inventory? Everything is orange and I don't see anything LAN/WAN.
- Ya, I noticed that, but I have to drill down to each device... I'm looking for a generic view like the one attached.
- So another program that could monitor SNMP would work for that, no big deal.
- I confirmed the settings and it looks correct, maybe I'll just wait for the next one to appear and see what happens. I did just recently apply that hotfix and update the CND files.
1. SMs registered to an AP can also be viewed in a table in the AP's device page. Click an AP in the map or double-click it in the inventory. The second tab "Connected STAs" will display a list of all SMs registered to that AP with several statistics for each device.
3. There are reports in Monitor -> Reports that display additional statistics for each device in a table form. See AP Dashboard and STA Dashboard reports.
5. It sounds like something is going wrong with discovery. When you manually set the login/password what results do you get when you select the device, right click -> Verify Credentials? Does the login/password check still fail?