p10 radio problems

Im getting 100’s these errors on p10 sm’s ultimately causing the SM to lock up.

10:20:00 UT : Mon Jan 01 2001 : File src/syslog.c : Line 1283 Time set
10:30:00 UT : Mon Jan 01 2001 : File src/syslog.c : Line 1283 Time set
10:40:00 UT : Mon Jan 01 2001 : File src/syslog.c : Line 1283 Time set

on the AP, there are stack dump errors, but its not losing sync.

both units are 8.2.2 p10’s.

Has anyone found a resolution for this problem.

Thanks

VINCE - GOOOOOOD Luck with this one… I have been trying since Novemeber 16th 2007 to get any type of answer about the Stack Dump errors… Currently has been with Tier 3 for about 3-4 weeks now with no update.

UPDATE ON STACK DUMP ERRORS*

here is what I got back from tech support this morning…

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you about your issue. I
heard from our engineering team this afternoon, and they have confirmed the problem and report that it will be resolved in release 8.2.4.

-=-=-=-=–=-=-=-

So the question is… WHEN will 8.2.4 be released?

Or better yet what will 8.2.4 break???

along5664 wrote:
Or better yet what will 8.2.4 break??????

I get the impression that they are making very few changes between each 8.2.x release, which is my guess why everything isn't fixed in 8.2.3.

If you look at the regressions on the 8.2.x series, you will see that there really hasn't been anything broken on the later versions.

The last message on the Part-15 motorola list (www.part-15.org) regarding the internal issues which were being worked indicated the following:

(The status listed is about a week or so old ... I've paraphrased and shrunk the descriptions)

8.2.3 - Fixes the P7/P8 SM's which stop talking and require an AP reboot to fix. In final beta.

8.2.4 - fixes issues including netIF is NULL. In regression/internal test before beta.

8.2.5 - P9/P10 radios which show scanning, but won't connect to the AP until they are rebooted. Close to entering regression/internal test.

-forrest
forrestc wrote:

If you look at the regressions on the 8.2.x series, you will see that there really hasn't been anything broken on the later versions.

What I meant to say is that there really hasn't been anything *new* broken.. If it's broken in 8.2.2 it's also broken in 8.2.

-forrest

i didnt start having this issue till I upgraded to 8.2.1 then 8.2.2. ONLY happens with P10 boards.

netIF is NULL

i went into the source code and just commented out the logging for that then recompiled (8.2.2). it was rather annoying, but harmless (supposedly)