Packages to customers

Hi!

What packages do you offer to your customer? What speeds? What can I really expect? How many clinets per AP to get promissed bandwith?

Thx all

There are many things to consider when putting together your service tiers. I'm going to answer your question with some more detailed questions that might help you figure out the kind of service you want to offer.

• What's the competition in the areas you want to cover? Is there existing cable, DSL, fiber, etc? What are there service plans, and how will you be competitive?
  • What sort of spectrum is available in the target service area? Clean spectrum will allow you to use larger channel widths and thus offer faster plans and/or more people per transmitter.
  • Are there many trees or other obstacles that might make LOS service difficult? Do you have the spectrum to use ePMP on 2.4 or PMP450 on 900MHz? You might have to offer slower service and/or less people per AP if the client connections are poor due to these obstacles.
  • The number of clients you can serve on each AP is dependent upon a number of factors including the quality of the spectrum, the quality of the client connections, the size of the plans you're offering and the target over-subscription ratio. It's very difficult to give you an exact answer as to the maximum number of subscribers you can place on an AP. As a quick and dirty example... assuming that you use a 20MHz channel size and you have good quality clients, and the average speed tier is in 10mbps area, I'd say you could fit around 30-40 subscribers on an AP... half that if you use a 10mhz channel width, double it if you can use a 40mhz channel width.
  • If you remember to keep your client quality high you will be able to put more subs on an AP and/or offer higher speed tiers.
  • If you're deploying in an area with high noise, you may have to use smaller channel widths, and you will have limited range in order to keep SnR high. You will need to use something like the ePMP 2000 AP w/BSA and will have to pay careful attention to client signals. Putting too many poor signal clients on an AP will drastically reduce overall performance.
1 Like

Hi!

My competition offers 4G, VDSL, somewhere FttH and Cable, but mostly 4G and VDSL.

I need highspeed packages to be competitive. At least 50Mbit.

We just started to deploy Cambium for testing.

Good thing is that we have network with microcell deployment, most of customers are up to 500 meters from AP and mostly we are only on 5GHz. Currently using Mikrotik on NV2.

We plan to use ePMP 2000 with Sync and 75/25 ratio.

My real question should be 'Can I compete them with cambium and offer at least 50Mbps to users?'. Normaly not all users would get 50Mbps packages but some of them would.

My goal si to offer this packages:

10/2 Mbps

25/5 Mbps

50/10 Mbps

100/20 Mbps ???

Is this realistic on Cambium?

100/20 is what will give me competitive speed but I'm not shure is it realistic.

Would ePMP3000 give me this option? Wait for it or start deploying now?

Thx

Delivering those sized packages reliably will be difficult with ePMP or really any manufacturer’s radios. You will need to use 40mhz channel widths and have access to lots of clean spectrum and will be very limited as to the number of subscribers per AP... probably only a couple 100mbps clients or a handful of 50mbps clients depending on the over-subscription ratio. A configuration example would be to use ePMP2000 AP’s with a 30deg horn and 40mhz channel width. This would give you about 200mbps aggregate (150/50 using 75/25 split) under ideal conditions to sell to clients. A better option would be to look at PMP450m and the new 450b clients. You’d be able to offer faster plans and more of them per AP. Under ideal conditions you’d be able to sell 1gbps (aggregate capacity) using a 40mhz channel. You could also wait till ePMP3000 comes out and do a greenfield AC deployment, which will get your significantly more BW then the 2000... at least 2-3 times more BW.

If there’s already so many other options available, you might want to try to pick an area with less or no service options OR try to differentiate yourself from your competitors by focusing on something other then raw speeds... like better support, business services, or niche utility, backup connection or IoT services.