Packet Loss

Is anyone else experiencing issues with packet loss? We are getting and average of 4% packet loss to the CSM with NO packet loss to the AP from our office. And latency is high as well to the CSM. Average 20-25ms to the AP and 60-100ms to the CSM. This occurs on both e.2.0.1 and e.2.1 versions. We are using L2 convergence mode and 7 Mhz Channels with only one AP at the site with Internal AAA. No NAT. Service flows seem to be setup correctly according to the Admin Guide. Not too sure where else to look. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this is a commonly known issue with this product. I hear between 3-4% packet loss, and latency concerns also.

We do not have any deployed yet, but have ordered this equipment for a new deployment. I hope these issues get resolved soon.

We are seeing approx the same thing, also hoping it gets resolved soon.

I to am seeing the same thing

The packets being dropped on the uplink or downlink? If you’re not sure go to Performance Monitor / Active Service Flows. 99% of the time the dropped packets are on the uplink. There are a few things you can do to help / resolve this issue. First try enabling HARQ on the service flows for your uplink traffic. After HARQ is enable set the HARQ Retries to 3. This is similar to hardware retries with the FSK product… a bad / fragmented / corrupted packet goes through, it sends it again. I will warn you this can cause a degradation of speed, but it is very minimal. Secondly, you can also try adjusting the C/N Configuration. By default the C/N Table Base is set to -70… this determines how “hot” the CPE’s are allowed to connect to the access point. (You can find these RSSI level under Performance Monitor / Radio Info. The RSSI value for Radio 0 is what you are looking for. Connections should be +/- a couple db compared to your C/N Table Base.) Back to the C/N Table Base… Try going in 1db increments on the C/N Table Base (-69, -68, ect). Do not go any higher than -65 (I believe the AP with only go as high as -63). Anything higher can cause RF issues with the AP.

I hope this helps!

is there anything that can be done to decrease latency across the air interface? it induces 40-80ms just across the air interface to the csm.

btw - enabling harq DID help on the uplink.Thank you mwidhalm
we are now seeing 1.1% or less packet loss but latency is still all over the place.

40-80ms is part of the WiMAX “standard”. There really isn’t much you can do to prevent it.

nucoles wrote:
is there anything that can be done to decrease latency across the air interface? it induces 40-80ms just across the air interface to the csm.

btw - enabling harq DID help on the uplink.Thank you mwidhalm
we are now seeing 1.1% or less packet loss but latency is still all over the place.