PHP programming

anyone program in PHP? I have an interesting project involving cacti and PDA’s

PM me.

You would likely find better response from the cacti group.

Posted there too thanks.

what do you need?

-rob

Thanks for the reply. We have actually moved to What’s Up Gold and there is a 3rd party developing a PDA interface for it.

oh, no problem.

we’ve developed our own completely in-house network monitoring/alerting/stats system. we all use treo’s here so we’ve made our
own pda interface as well.

let me know how you like the one that’s developed for you. i’m always looking at other projects to see if i can offer help or learn from them.

thanks,

rob

robtro wrote:
we've developed our own completely in-house network monitoring/alerting/stats system. we all use treo's here so we've made our
own pda interface as well.

let me know how you like the one that's developed for you. i'm always looking at other projects to see if i can offer help or learn from them.
rob
I would be interested in what you have. We are currently using prizm/cacti/nagios and are always looking around for something better.

I too am interested in what you have. We have a smattering of differnt things, and haven’t like any of them enough to really power through with full implementation.

Am interested in what complete systems you are referring to.

Paul

We are halfway through evaluation of What’s Up Gold v11. We have it running on an old Compaq DL380. So far so good.

Cacti had templates for Canopy where WhatsUp does not. Things like jitter, sessions, etc, need to be monitored via traps, or VB scripts need to be written inside WhatsUp to actively monitor.

The PDA software is done by these guys: http://store.hurdit.com/store/dynamicIndex.asp

They have it for WhatsUp v8 and are close to releasing it for v11.

I really liked Cacti, and if I had the time I would still be using it, but I started having issues with the software and without any formal support it was taking too much time to get things resolved.