ping time higher after upgrade to 7.3.6 from 4.2.3

Dear all,
Anyone knows why after upgrade from 4.2.3 to 7.3.6 the backhaul 5.7 useing same frequency got higher ping time to 23 ms avg instead of 3 ms before when using 4.2.3 (link distance only 5 miles and using reflector each)
My hardware is P9 and using Hardware scheduler

Best Regards
Polo

Did you use the appropriate steps to upgrade your 4.2.3 equipment to 7.3.6? You didnt go from 4.2.3 to 7.3.6? Just curious…

I noticed the same thing, and I went from 7.1.4 to 7.3.6… I do like the auto negotiate from 1x to 2x that works GREAT

BUCK wrote:
Did you use the appropriate steps to upgrade your 4.2.3 equipment to 7.3.6? You didnt go from 4.2.3 to 7.3.6? Just curious...

of course 4.2.3->6.1->7.0->7.2->7.3 and i resetting the config to factory default btw anyone knows where to download CNUT 1.1 i want to downgrade to 6.1 and see if the ping time goes to 3-4 ms again

if you go back to 7.1.4 it will fix the lag time

clueless wrote:
if you go back to 7.1.4 it will fix the lag time

btw what is you got from upgrading BH to 7.3.6 that not in 7.1.4? only fallback to 10 megs when the interference occurs? or diffserv? currently i cannot downgrade to 7.1.4 because i have overwritten the CNUT 1.1 with 2.0 and dont have installer for CNUT 1.1 ready :cry:

The big changes start at 7.2.9 there you can use hardware mode and double data rate, 7.3.6 it will do all of the above and also auto negotiate from 20 to 10 meg as needed. That is why I like it because for a couple of hours a day my noise floor goes up and I need to run 10meg the rest of the time 20 meg runs solid. So for me the loss of 20ms is worth the benifits I receive

Are you running your backhauls in software mode or hardware mode. I was thinking if you ran them in software mode the latency is 3ms but I can not remember and hate to turn my system off to test

clueless wrote:
The big changes start at 7.2.9 there you can use hardware mode and double data rate, 7.3.6 it will do all of the above and also auto negotiate from 20 to 10 meg as needed. That is why I like it because for a couple of hours a day my noise floor goes up and I need to run 10meg the rest of the time 20 meg runs solid. So for me the loss of 20ms is worth the benifits I receive

Are you running your backhauls in software mode or hardware mode. I was thinking if you ran them in software mode the latency is 3ms but I can not remember and hate to turn my system off to test

i run them all in hardware mode, test with software latency drop to 6-18ms, about the double data rate is it possible with 10meg bachaul type? or only for 20meg type?

As far as I know it’s for 20meg and up.