Ping Timed Out Issue with Cambium ePMP 1000

Hello,

I am using ePMP 1000 radio hotspot 2.4Gz, and i am frequently observing ping to timed out in the wifi connected clients (mobiles and laptops) and when i try to reboot the ePMP this issue seems to be resolving temporarily.

After reboot it again works for some time and again stops pinging with no connction.

Can anyone please help me to trouble shoot the issue.

Regards.

What software version are you running ? If your wanting to run it as a hotspot, convert it to a cnpilot software load, much more robust for that function. All you have to do is down load the firmware from support.cambiumnetworks/files in the cnpilot section for the 1000 hotspot and you’ll be good to go. The regular epmp wifi mode is very basic and was ment for temporary use

2 Likes

Hello,

I tried with firmware upgrade, but no fruitful success.

Recently i have upgraded the firmware to version: ePMP1000-Hotspot-3.3-r16.tar.gz as shown in the website, still the issue persists.

I am not using it as hotspot, but I am using it as Access Point.

Regards.

@getin123 wrote:

Hello,

I tried with firmware upgrade, but no fruitful success.

Recently i have upgraded the firmware to version: ePMP1000-Hotspot-3.3-r16.tar.gz as shown in the website, still the issue persists.

I am not using it as hotspot, but I am using it as Access Point.

Regards.

Hi,

Could you please check system log whether errors appears there when issue occurs?

Thank you.