please answer me! i have a prob with REMOTE AP

can i use 5.7 ap and SM./…

is the 5.7 CANOPY device compatible to setup REMOTE ap…?

please answer me…
thanks.

anyone have SOFTWARE for CANOPY AP and SM…
i only have the SEPTEMBER 2003…

how can i get the NEWER version ?
please help me

You can find information and update downloads on the Canopy website at :

Updates

There’s also a good user’s manual for Canopy equipment and software at:

Canopy Library

Hope it helps a bit :slight_smile:

Panzer

I don’t think an sm will talk to a backhaul

Motorola supports connecting a remote AP to an SM – using a timing cable between them rather than a CMM for the AP – only when the two use different frequency bands: 5.7 & 5.2, 5.7 & 2.4, etc. The reason is the timing cable does not accurately synchronize the two.

You may or may not be able to get it to work when both are 5.7s. Use different frequency settings and physically separate the two units as much as possible; having brick or metal walls of a building inbetween will help. Motorola Tech Support, however, won’t help you if you have problems.

Motorola’s suggestion in your situation will be to use CMMs at both the primary and remote APs.

Teknix wrote:
Motorola supports connecting a remote AP to an SM -- using a timing cable between them rather than a CMM for the AP -- only when the two use different frequency bands: 5.7 & 5.2, 5.7 & 2.4, etc. The reason is the timing cable does not accurately synchronize the two.

You may or may not be able to get it to work when both are 5.7s. Use different frequency settings and physically separate the two units as much as possible; having brick or metal walls of a building inbetween will help. Motorola Tech Support, however, won't help you if you have problems.

Motorola's suggestion in your situation will be to use CMMs at both the primary and remote APs.

brod teknix, we have CMM and 4 aps to our Signal hill.. we want to use an remote ap to our 1 client because his place is very far from our signal hill or being blocked by big trees..

bro teknix, how can we use ReMOTE AP... what config should we edit?

If your primary APs are 5.7, your best option is to install a 2.4 or 5.2 AP at the remote site.

If you only have 5.7 units available to you, you may be able to get the remote AP to work reliably if you mount the SM and AP on opposite sides of the building or position a metal shield between the two.

Teknix wrote:
If your primary APs are 5.7, your best option is to install a 2.4 or 5.2 AP at the remote site.

If you only have 5.7 units available to you, you may be able to get the remote AP to work reliably if you mount the SM and AP on opposite sides of the building or position a metal shield between the two.

oh no, we have only 5.7.. our primary AP is 5.7 and we want to use 5.7 ap also to to install a remote AP..

is that ok to install 5.7 ?

Motorola does not support your arrangement, but you may get it to work if you shield the intermediate SM from the remote AP. You can shield them with either distance or material or both.

PrimaryAP --> IntermediateSM–RemoteAP --> FarSM

The Intermediate SM and Remote AP are connected together with an Ethernet cable. You must, however, mount the Intermediate SM and Remote AP as far apart as possible on the tower, or position a metal shield between them, or mount them on opposite sides of a building.

Also, use different frequency settings (at least 20MHz apart) for the two links.