Please upgrade ePMP AP/SM devices to 2.5.2-RC6

We have been able to reproduce the behavior described above by Miah.  

If the ePMP device is using the default SNMP community string, then the software upgrade completes successfully.  If non-default community strings are set on the device, the the upgrade fails.

The team is working to resovle the issue and will report back quickly.

Thanks for the update Emilio,

I just confirmed on one of my units that this workaround gets the software update installd (and breaks my monitoring in the process).

Jacob, can you clarify what you mean when you state "and breaks my monitoring in the process" ?

Thanks.

The SNMP monitoring that we have setup.  As cnMaestro can't do email alerts still we need to still use our existing SNMP-based monitoring system.

@Jacob Turner wrote:

The SNMP monitoring that we have setup.  As cnMaestro can't do email alerts still we need to still use our existing SNMP-based monitoring system.

Did you re-enter your normal SNMP string after doing the upgrade? We only changed it on our end long enough to perform the upgrade.

Regarding the problem upgrading ePMP devices that have non-default SNMP community strings, we are working on a new ePMP release that will resolve this issue.  We hope to release it within a few days.

Upgrading to that release (using cnMaestro) will require that the devices use deault SNMP community strings (public/private).  Once upgraded to this load, non-default community strings can be used for future upgrades.

ePMP ver 2.5.2-RC9 is available via cnMaestro.

We believe this fixes this issue with non-default SNMP community strings bug please read the details in the following post.

http://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/cnMaestro/Please-upgrade-to-ePMP-ver-2-5-2-RC9-via-cnMaestro/td-p/46617

To validate the issue has been resovled for your setup, you can do the following.

1) Set device SNMP community string to default (public/private).

2) Upgrade to 2.5.2-RC9

3) Set device SNMP community string to non-default values.

4) Downgrade to 2.5.2-RC6.

The following should complete successfully and validates the SNMP fix is present in 2.52.-RC9.

Unfortunately, now that the devcice has 2.5.2-RC6, you will need to set the default SNMP community string on the device in upgrade back to 2.5.2-RC9.

We have released official 2.5.2 and it is available via cnMaestro now.

You can find the release notes via cnMaestro.