Please upgrade ePMP devices, that are managed by cnMaestro, to either version 2.5.2 or to the latest ePMP beta, 2.6-RC13.
ePMP devices running version 2.5.1 are missing key improvements that can cause the devices to loose contact with cnMaestro and appear DOWN in the management system. Additionally, upgrading to version 2.5.2, or later, improves the overall scalability of the cnMaestro platform and will expedite relaxing the restrictions on onboarding additional ePMP devices.
If you have ePMP AP / SM devices with 2.5.1 that appear (incorrectly) as DOWN in cnMaestro but still have network connectivity, each of the following will restore the device’s connectivity to cnMaestro.
Recommended Option (if device appears DOWN):
- Use CNS Server or other method to upgrade the ePMP AP/SM to version 2.5.2 or 2.6-RC13 (beta)
- For ePMP SMs, de-register and re-register the SM to it’s AP.
- For ePMP APs, break and re-establish the device’s network connectivity (or reboot the AP).
- Change the configuration to DISABLE the device agent, SAVE, ENABLE device agent, SAVE
Once the device is upgraded to ePMP version 2.52. or later, the device will be protected from the entering this problematic state again.
Similarly, for cnPilot R200/R201, please upgrade the devices to the latest version, 4.2-R1. If the device currently, incorrectly, appears DOWN in cnMaestro, reboot the device. Again, upgrading to 4.2-R1 will prevent getting into this state again.
Recommended version for each device platform:
- cnPilot R200/R201 (Version : 4.2-R1)
- ePMP AP/SM (Version : 2.5.2)
- ePMP 1000 Hotspot (Version: 1.6-r20)
- cnPilot E400 (Version: 1.6-r20)