PMP 430

No, no, no!
I’m asking is pmp430 same frequency SM operating at 10MHz bandwidth able to register to same frequency pmp400 ap?

430’s are 57’s
400’s are 54’s

The pins for the power on the AP are not the standard Canopy type.

Other Canopy = pin 4,5 are neg, pin 7,8 are pos
430’s = pin 4,7 are neg, pin 5,8 are pos

PS… they work at 24 Volts… just requires to flip a few pins in the cable :slight_smile:

Im not sure about the CMM3 or CTM, but it works on the Manabit TCS

O… I forgot to add… previous post only applies to the AP

SM uses the same power as all other canopy

We received the 430AP and SM a couple of days ago and from the test on the lab(the lab is my desk) this platform is a great upgrade!
I had to upgrade the software to the latest 10.2, the new features are realy cool; read the release!!!
In a couple of days will be testing on the field
Moto is realy working.

We received our first 430 series AP/SM setup , initially they seem pretty nice.

What are other peoples stances on Omni Antennas and these things? I have a feeling there is a reason they are shipping with sector antennas …

Also what are most people using for timing ? in addition to the CMM4 that is!

Thanks in advance

We have our test kit as well and are very impressed with the range so far, get registrations at 6+ miles without a reflector or lens. What are some ideas for timing other than the CMM 4?

You can feed the 430 AP with the diferent power supply and the sync from the cmm micro…

Thats what I was thinking, love the range on these things though, well over what Motorola stated just got to be be very careful of the downtilt since we are mounted in a very unique location.

Anybody got a cable diag for RJ-45 to sync ? as i want to use the normal cmm to send the sync to the unit, getting a cmm4 will take time here !

thanks,

hi guys, i just got my fisrt kit of pmp430 in mexico, lol,, i got for 100 bucks, im gonna use in a very very rural area,, i have couple of epmp force180 , do you think it works for stations?

@zegache wrote:

hi guys, i just got my fisrt kit of pmp430 in mexico, lol,, i got for 100 bucks, im gonna use in a very very rural area,, i have couple of epmp force180 , do you think it works for stations?

The two radios are not compatible. You'll need to purchase pmp430 SM's... that being said, if you're trying to do this on the cheap, I'd highly recommend NOT deploying any of the 430 stuff and instead just buying used PMP450 stuff on eBay or wherever... you can find old, first gen PMP450 AP's now for under $1000.