PMP 450 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I just attended a PMP 450 webinar. I had to take a phone call during Q&A, but when I got back on I heard a full question and the answer, the takeaway of which was that there were no longer any plans to make PMP 450 backwards compatible with FSK PMP 100. Is this correct?

Yes, this is correct.

Please see document release last August… Here.

You’ll need to login to see it.

Is the PMP 450 AP compatible with the existing CMM3 as we are looking to migrate our PMP100 network and want to slowly swap out sector by sector as we have to change the SM at each customer to the new 450 SM.

The PMP450 IS compatible with the CMM3, but keep in mind that the CMM3 has a built-in FastEthernet switch. So the most traffic that you could ever backhaul to ALL of the devices plugged into the CMM3 is going to be 100Mbps.

Since the PMP450 AP is capable of 125Mbps (aggregate) it's easy to imagine a scenario where the capacity is bottlenecked at the CMM3. ...especially if you decide to deploy multiple PMP450 AP's at this one site.

Where can I find an install guide for the 450 SM’s? There is so many tools in the gui and we are new to it and only know how to use the alignment tool for pointing.

I know it might seem like a daunting document, but the Cambium User Guide (R14.1.1) is a really helpful and complete document.  Specifically for installation of the SM, start on page 6-55, and configuration starts with Chapter 7.

It can be found here..

We are also working on a "Quick Start Guide" that will be posted shortly with only the essentials and bare minimum configuration parameters.