PMP430 AP - stuck in SM-DES software version

Hello,

I have a PMP430 AP on version 13.2. However, the software version has suddenly become stuck on 13.2 SM-DES (for reasons unknown).

This is definitely an AP and has been behaving as one for months in the past, until today. The other APs in the cluster are on 13.2 AP-AES which I assume it was also on until this sudden issue.

There are no options in the configuration to turn it back into an AP.

I have tried loading many different firmwares (upgrade, downgrade) to it to return it to 13.2 AP-AES but have not been able to. It gives the error "No firmware update available" for each different package I've tried in CNUT. I've successfully upgraded firmwares before so I am aware of the process.

Using the default plug just set all the setting fields to defaults, but it remains as 13.2 SM-DES.

Furthermore, it seems that this incorrect software is causing the following issues:

1. VLAN tagging not working? (can only connect to AP through direct ethernet - not through network even after setting VLAN correctly as per other devices and using port that it was previously accessible on)

2. Ping times sporadic between 1ms, then jumping to around 170-190ms for a few responses, then back to 1ms.

Is there a way to force the AP to accept a different software version in CNUT?

Or a simple way to change it back to AP-AES?

Even if somehow the software was accidentally changed to 13.2 SM-DES, shouldn't it be possible to change it to AP-AES as it should be?

My current state is I still have local ethernet access to it, but that is all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RadioGuru5000.

PS. Forgot to mention, also displaying Radio Not Calibrated on the web interface.

@RadioGuru5000 wrote:

Hello,

I have a PMP430 AP on version 13.2. However, the software version has suddenly become stuck on 13.2 SM-DES (for reasons unknown).

This is definitely an AP and has been behaving as one for months in the past, until today. The other APs in the cluster are on 13.2 AP-AES which I assume it was also on until this sudden issue.

There are no options in the configuration to turn it back into an AP.

I have tried loading many different firmwares (upgrade, downgrade) to it to return it to 13.2 AP-AES but have not been able to. It gives the error "No firmware update available" for each different package I've tried in CNUT. I've successfully upgraded firmwares before so I am aware of the process.

Using the default plug just set all the setting fields to defaults, but it remains as 13.2 SM-DES.

Furthermore, it seems that this incorrect software is causing the following issues:

1. VLAN tagging not working? (can only connect to AP through direct ethernet - not through network even after setting VLAN correctly as per other devices and using port that it was previously accessible on)

2. Ping times sporadic between 1ms, then jumping to around 170-190ms for a few responses, then back to 1ms.

Is there a way to force the AP to accept a different software version in CNUT?

Or a simple way to change it back to AP-AES?

Even if somehow the software was accidentally changed to 13.2 SM-DES, shouldn't it be possible to change it to AP-AES as it should be?

My current state is I still have local ethernet access to it, but that is all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RadioGuru5000.

PS. Forgot to mention, also displaying Radio Not Calibrated on the web interface.

Please open a support ticket for this.  They will need the MAC of the radio, and you will need to put the radio onto a public network so that it can be accessed by the customer Advocacy Team.