PMP430

Dear everyone,

My customer are using the PMP430 device, he know that, currently the Cambium Network stop producing this family, and He had some questions following:

- Could he upgrade PMP430 devive to PMP450 device ?

- Could he replace PMP430 SM to PMP450 SM device to work with his PMP430 AP ?

Are there any way to interwork two families PMP430 and PMP450 ?

Thank you so much!

The PMP 450 Access Point will support yourinstalled base of PMP 430 Subscriber Modules; and concurrently support PMP 450 Subscriber Modules. 

The migration path is 1)  Replace the PMP 430 AP with a PMP 450 AP; 2) Deploy PMP 450 Subscirber Modules going forward; 3) Leave the PMP 430 Modules in place.

2 Likes

You'll realize a greater increase in system performance when you do eventually migrate all of your radios to the PMP 450 platform devices.

For additional details, please see this solution paper, which discusses the strategy and radio settings that will enable this seamless migration.

Also keep in mind that the newly introduced PMP 450i products can interoperate with both PMP 450 and PMP 430 SMs, and that these various subscriber modules can be mixed in the same sector. 

Dear Sir,

Assume that, He  want to keep his PMP430 Access Point, and He only want to replace PMP430 subcriber Module. Thus, Do he that one ?

Thank you so much!

@vantienphap wrote:

Dear Sir,

Assume that, He  want to keep his PMP430 Access Point, and He only want to replace PMP430 subcriber Module. Thus, Do he that one ?

Thank you so much!

450SM's cannot connect to a 430AP.

Thank you so much!

Hi all,

I'm new to the  Cambium world and this  forum so hopefully I'm in the right place to ask my question

we are about to initiate our system upgrade  to be PMP/SM450, currently most of our infrastructure is based on PMP/SM430

as part of our upgrade project we will be upgrading the SMs and the sectors (APs) from version 11.2 to version 12.2

my questions are :

1-Is this upgrade path correct 11.2->12.1->12.2 or can we go from 11.2 ->12.2 directly 

2- if we  start by upgrading the SMs , will an SM on version 12.2 connect to an AP on version 11.2

3- we are running wireless manager 4.3 is there any concerns  that we should have regarding  the compatibilty with SMs APs  being on version 12.2

Many thanks  for your help

Kind regards

Mehdi

the PMP 430 AP and SMs running Release 11.2 or earlier need to first be upgraded to Release 12.1, and then they can be upgraded to 13.4.1.

Hi Ziad,

thanks for your reply, what about interoperability between an SM on 13.4.1 and an AP on 11.2, wil the SM register ?

Thanks

Hi,

An AP and SM on different software's may connect, but you might end up facing some issues.

That's why we always recommend to have the AP and the SM on the same software version.

Note: Always better to upgrade the devices to latest release.

Regards,
Hardik Patel

Thanks Hardik, at the end of the day they will be on the same version but because we have few hundreds of SMs and in order to minimise downtime I was planning to leave the APs until the end after finishing all the SMs
so because it's " may connect" and not " will connect " I guess that to be in the safe side I should make the assumption that it won't work reliably until both are upgraded (AP and SM)

Regards

Mehdi

Yes I can understand that.
But its always a good option to put the AP and the SM on the same software version.
Please feel free to contact us on support@cambiumnetworks.com in case you need any further assistance.
Your welcome.

Regards,
Hardik Patel