PMP450+CLIP vs PMP450b - Field Experiences

Any further updates on this?

I'm sending back all 450b's that are unopened. Anything over 1 mile has been really poor performance on these, going to try 450D or normal 450's with clips / reflectors.

We are making progress with these issues on the initial shipments of 450b.  Stay tuned, there will be an update this week.  Sorry for the delay and problems we had with these...

Can you offer some more insight into what your going to fix with this update? Or what you believe the issue may be?

Mat

Still waiting for an update ... am I sending them back or not?

Once again, sorry for the delay.  The performance issues, aside from what is able to be tested for earlier in this thread (i.e. drastic Tx power limitations on one chain vs. the other), will be addressed by Software Release 15.1.2.1, which we are expecting to release in Beta form by Wednesday, with a target to release officially by Dec. 15th. 

If you experience the Tx power output limitations described above, this is a hardware issue that is not repairable with new software, so please open a support ticket.

The Field Service Bulletin will be issued very soon, and I will post a link to it in this thread when available. 

I just posted the FSB here.

The software is expected to be released by the end of next week (12/15).  A beta version of the software is expected earlier in the week.  I will post to this thread when it becomes available.

The good news is that we are confident we will fix nearly all of the performance issues (aside from the one described in this thread above) with this updated software.  The bad news is that we expect a few customers to run into this hardware-related issue, and they will require an RMA to replace the bad unit.

1 Like

For those following this thread, the official R15.1.2.1 software has now been released and is available on the support site in the usual spot.

Link here.

Please upgrade, and feel free to discuss results in this thread.

Hello Wisps

I see this discussion just kind of came to an end, However here we are in 2021 running 20.2.1 and using retro’s and mid/high gains with 450/450i/450m sectors and we still prefer 1st gen 450’s with the clip because they covered the middle ground that we run into a lot, Mid-gain never performed as well I know the numbers are almost identical but field experience has been less than ideal so we struggle with too little or too much RX signal to maintain 64qam or better.

We are a rural area so we have customers 1-5 miles on most sectors and the clip made most them possible without the inconvenience of a dish plus more and more we find customers don’t want a dish mounted to there home. Honestly does anyone? And as some installers know mounting a J-arm on some buildings can be difficult such as mobile homes, office work trailers or fifth wheels.

We would like to see a middle step option again while maintaining the ease of the mounting clamp of the 450,mid,retro SM’s. Maybe a retro cassegrain clip would be helpful or another option using the 450b connectorized with a comparable antenna that is not a mounting hassle that isn’t adding another $100+ to the equipment required to provide service to someone.

What are the rest of you guys using?