PMP450-LTE-WiMax timing

+1billion kudos to Cambium for releasing a 450 - LTE calculator.

We also have a large public utility running WiMax gear.

I started playing with the 450 - 320 and 450 - LTE calculators and I came upon a specific frame config for our 3GHz 450 that allows all three to coexist.

15 miles, 80%, 4 control slots at 5ms framing lines up with the utility's Wimax gear and (Chinese TD-LTE mfg's) default 2:1 and sub-frame assignment 7, as well as sub-frame 5.

Our SM uplink SNRs and modulations have either tripled in the best cases or at least doubled.

4 Likes

This is great news George.  Thanks for posting. For others, the calculators that he is referring to are HERE.

1 Like

Actually, the LTE Co-location tool is located HERE.

I am working on consolidating all of the co-location tools in this location...

This is interesting.  What version are you running your AP on?  Is this 3ghz 450, 450i or 450m?

I pointed out in another thread that 80% downlink data isn't possible with recent firmware versions for 450i.  In order to sync with the rest of our 3.65 AP's I had to downgrade a 450i AP to v15.1.

https://community.cambiumnetworks.com/t5/PMP-450/450i-3-65GHz-AP-Downlink-Data/td-p/95395

Also, what is "Chinese TD-LTE mfg" is this Telrad?  Baicells?  

Hi FVI,

I answered over in the other thread just now, but I'll mention it here for completeness.

The DL% bug was fixed in 15.2.

If you try that and still have a problem please let us know.

best regards,

Andy.

Currently running 15.1.5 here. Will be updating to 15.2.1. Haven't had the time yet.

I thought Telrad is Israeli and Baicells is Chinese...? Hopefully that answers the question. :)

Release 15.1.5 on a standard 450 AP. Maybe the 75% max bug is a 10MHz vs 15/20/30MHz thing? Haven't messed with it. 95% of our APs are on 10MHz.