PMP450: Port Forwarding to Statically Assigned IP

Greenfield operator here. Been setting up my first access point and PMP450 Subscriber Module. I cannot seem to access a WiFi access point behind the SM, despite setting up port forwarding on the 450. Moreover, the router cannot seem to access my cnMaestro instance - or anything for that matter - upstream of the SM. I don’t see the router in the ARP list of the SM, so there’s SOMETHING odd going on.

I am using a cnPilot 201P at the customer site for WiFi and PoE. The SM is at 169.254.1.1 on the LAN side. It is running the DHCP server and giving out addresses 169.254.1.3-100. The cnPilot 201P has a statically assigned IP address of 169.254.1.2 running in bridge mode. I have forwarded port 88 to port 80 of the router.

Is this just not supported? Does the router need to be given a DHCP address for the SM to find it or something?

Thanks for your help… Would also appreciate any other pointers to the “proper” configuration of the LAN side of a PMP450 and 201.

_jesse

As an experiment, I took the router out of bridge mode and allowed the PMP450 SM to assign an address to the router via DHCP. Things work, but now my customer has a triple NAT to the Internet:

• At core router (public to ISP internal address space)
  • At Subscriber module (ISP internal address space to SM private subnet 169.254.1.0)
  • At Router (SM private network to home subnet)

Is it possible that the PMP450 SM does not support bridging data from statically assigned IPs outside it’s DHCP range?