PMP450i Reached 97% frame then stayed there and wouldn't allow any traffic

Yesterday, we had a 900mhz PMP450i AP (15.2 firmware) that reached 97% frame utilization. This is pretty normal for this AP. But this time, the usage stayed while the bandwidth usage dropped to zero. This lasted for a few hours. We started getting a lot of calls. Once we rebooted the AP our customers could pass traffic again. 

What would cause this and how do we prevent it in the future?

1 Like

We had a similar issue on older firmware.  Tried a bunch of suggestions, though upgrading the firmware ultimately fixed it for us.  How many clients are on the AP?

25 SMs

I just had another AP do this today. 

Is this something with the 15.2 firmware? We upgraded all our APs about a month ago. 

Here is the CNMaestro graph of what happened just now. We caught this one after an hour. 22 subs on this AP. 

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Yesterday, we had a 900mhz PMP450i AP (15.2 firmware) that reached 97% frame utilization. This is pretty normal for this AP. But this time, the usage stayed while the bandwidth usage dropped to zero. This lasted for a few hours. We started getting a lot of calls. Once we rebooted the AP our customers could pass traffic again. 

What would cause this and how do we prevent it in the future?

I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing to you and your customers. 

When this issue happens again, could you please get "engineering.cgi" file from the AP, before you reboot.

Please email it to me at balaji.grandhi@cambiumnetworks.com.

We are having this exact same problem with a 5ghz AP. 15.2. Drops all clients, reboot the ap it's fine. 72 people on it. Cambium is claming interference, but as soon as a reboot happens the clients all come back. I'm doubting the interference claim. I've moved all SM's up to 15.2.1 last night, hoping for a change. 

1 Like

You can see in this cnmaestro snapshot. Just 1800 session drops while I didn't notice it was having issues. Those other two blips I've caught it within 10 minutes and rebooted.

Frustrating problem.

It can't be interference, because it will last hours until we reboot the AP, then all is fine. It happened last night at midnight and we just saw it this morning and rebooted the AP. 

I managed to get the engineering.cgi this time and sent it over. 

1 Like

I have mine with them too. I upgraded all sm to 15.2.1 and mine seems to have gone away, but I’m gonna put this thread in my ticket anyways.

1 Like

The engineering team said they could get nothing from my engineering.cgi file that showed why this is happening. It keeps happening though. 

I think I will go back to firmware 15.1.5 for now. We never had an issue until we upgraded to 15.2

1 Like

They couldn't find a reason for this with me either. Keeping everything up on 15.2.1 the problem has never resurfaced. 

Hi Ryan & ElbowWilham,

Could you please let me know the ticket numbers you have opened with customer support .

Thanks, 

Balaji

Thanks, Ryan!

Doesn't look like I ever got a ticket number. I just have emails back and forth with Venkata. 

Just updating that we just had this happen on with firmware 16.0.1 

We'll have to roll back to 15.1.5 until this issue gets figured out. 

@ElbowWilham wrote:

Just updating that we just had this happen on with firmware 16.0.1 

We'll have to roll back to 15.1.5 until this issue gets figured out. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are running in to this issue on 16.0.1 too.

When you get a chance, could you please send me the engineering.cgi from the AP, while it is in that state.

I already went through support with you and you could not find anything.