PMP450i SM Point to Point

Is it possible to do a point to point connection with two pmp 450i 900mhz subscirber modules?

2 Likes

No, this is not possible right now.  We are investigating the possibility of creating and launching a PTP variant of this product.

I welcome other opinions on the need for a product like this.  Please use this thread to highlight why you might see a need for a PTP version of the 900 MHz 450i.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This is why I would like to see a PTP version of the 900MHz 450i. 

Our company has many micro cells. Many of these micro cells require us to build a 100ft tower in order to bring in sufficient bandwidth via backhaul. The service Access Points generally only need to be around 60ft. If there was a backhaul option that allowed us to bring in 50Mbps to these micro pops without having to build the 100ft tower it would be well worth the money. 

I.E. we could just build a 60ft tower instead of having to spend the extra cash on building 100ft towers. I believe a 900Mhz backhaul of this caliper would allow us to accomplish this as the 900Mhz could push the 50Mbps through the tree tops while the 5.8 cannot. 

4 Likes

We'd like to use PMP450i 900MHz for point to points as well... specifically for super-rural, low density repeater sites that are located in less then ideal non/near-LOS conditions from a larger POP. We'd much rather use 900 then 2.4 for this goal.

3 Likes

I'll third that the ability to do PTP with the 450i 900Mhz SM would be useful to us in limited cases.  Like the others, this would typically be a micro-cell with only a few subscribers, not justifying the cost of the 450i AP + SM.

2 Likes

Yes please. PTP 450i 900Mhz is needed. This should have been a no brainier. Having worked with other 900mhz gear with various levels of success in the past I for one am looking for a more robust and stable solution.

1 Like

Thanks for all the responses...

We are working on the release plan for this product. Look for additional information here as we get the plan together.

3 Likes

So any additional information for those of us who have had their eyes glued to this post?

2 Likes

Count me in on wanting these too... as long as I'm not too late to the party.  We actually did a PTP link with these, we just used a yagi on the AP side.  37 miles and it's awesome!

2 Likes

New LinkPlanner, v4.3.9, has 900 MHz PTP450's in it.  I guess that answers these questions.

1 Like