PMP450x Release 15.2.1 is now available

For further info I've seen my 430's become unavailable both after the first reboot after the "Writing File" stage, and also after the last reboot after the "boot image update OK. Resetting". At this point my only option is to upgrade cnMaestro and/or go back to using CNUT, this failure rate on the 430's is way too high.

For what it's worth, I have no issue updating to 1.6.3-r19 but I already had to roll back once from an upgrade to 1.6.3-r15 because our fresh, out of the box 450B High Gains on 15.1.4 were telling us "Invalid Onboarding-Key" during installation even though we do not use Onboarding Keys and have never used the feature. Prior to the cnMaestro upgrade they would on-board fine and we could follow our normal installation procedure with the cnArcher app. I opened a support ticket for this issue but support could only provide a workaround of enabling/disabling the feature for each individual SM rather than identifying the root cause of the issue. This wasn't a feasible or scalable option so I rolled back to 1.6.1-r10 because it's been the only stable combination of cnMaestro/cnArcher for us.

I've opened a ticket, even with CNUT I have 430's not coming back online. I just tried a CNUT update and 1 SM upgraded succesfully, 1 did not reconnect, and another just froze at 50% 'Programming' and sat there. After 20 minutes I logged into the SM to make sure it was still online and canceled the update from CNUT.

Just upgraded a 450i AP to 15.2.1 to test it out. I may be missing something obvious but I cannot seem to find the option to turn on encryption in the Security menu. It had previously been set to None. The unit region setup does not support AES-256 encryption but I had expected support for AES-128 as it previously supported DES encryption?

@lightnet-des wrote:

Just upgraded a 450i AP to 15.2.1 to test it out. I may be missing something obvious but I cannot seem to find the option to turn on encryption in the Security menu. It had previously been set to None. The unit region setup does not support AES-256 encryption but I had expected support for AES-128 as it previously supported DES encryption?

Hmm... that seems strange, do you see anything that looks like this? You won't be able to use AES-256 without a license key.

1 Like

Des - I think you may be using the "No Encryption" model hardware... this model specifically does not have any encryption capabilities, and is typically only sold to regions that require export control licensing in order to ship there.  It would be easy to tell this by sending me the model number of the equipment in question.

Ye , seems like I have the same issue. All my PMP450 , i and m Access points were running DES encryption before upgrading to version 15.2.1 but now has no encryption settings at all .. In fact ,  the "Airlink Security" section completely disapeared under the Security section.. I understand that DES encryption isn't that secure anymore but in my opinion it's a little irresponsible to leave us with no options at all.

I've includes the MSN , board number and MAC address below. 

5.4GHz MU-MIMO OFDM - Access Point - 0a-00-3e-60-44-f3

Board MSN :
M9UC0247XR9W
Board Model :
C050045A114A
C000045K100A
FPGA Version :

-steph